ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Toribash for the Nintendo Switch
I know it sounds farfetched, but hear me out.

Toribash hasnt done anything outlandish in a long time. I mean this community seems to keep to itself, it was a big reason I quit playing toribash a while ago. The game has been played the same way, and it has had the same platform. Toribash was placed on the wii in 2010 as a port. It wasnt a great success, but it still drawed in attention from gamers who werent aware toribash existed. If Nabi studios has the will to go above and beyond, they could even use the new mechanics of the console in some way.

I doubt this will ever be acted on, but it is a great idea for expanding toribash. Especially since Nintendo has been working well with 3rd party companies.
i think this has been suggested before and probably wont be implemented.
However there is minibash and toribash for the Wii so I guess you could just play those if you don't like the PC version
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Probably worth keeping this alive as a discussion for TB Next because Unity = easy to release on multiple platforms.

Current TB isn't really worth the amount of work that would be required.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Really a big fan of this. Asked about this today with other staff members and I'll definitely be seeing if it's possible and probable for nabi to make. Here's what I shared in terms of playability.

I know you nabi did it with the Wii, and the switch is a great deal more technologically advanced so new features can be added.

The switch has a capacitive screen for fine tuning, and I don't think it'd be too difficult to assign controls using the main control stick.

For mod making, you could use the multiple button choices for multiple choices. For instance, the right/left top triggers on the top of the switch could be used to switch through mod pages, the bottom ones could be used to decide the shape of the ovject being selected. The left d-pad buttons could be used for where the object would sit in the world along with the left control stick while selected, and the screen could be used for fine tuning where and how large an object would be, down to .01 of a unit.

When docked, it could bring up a number panel for small adjustments during object selection and you could use the joystick controls for navigation.

A,b,x,y buttons could be mapped for selection, deselection, freecam and toricam mode if needed, and fine adjustment mode, or other uses.

Moving Tori would also be possible, if you used the touch screen for joint selection, or mapped certain buttons for certain joint clusters. For instance, you could use the left trigger for a certain portion of the body, and the left joystick to pinpoint the specific joint. Then use the y button for extend/contract, and the x button for hold/ relax. B button could be deselection, and the using right trigger for the next joint clusters selection.

You also have use of the actual function of joystick having buttons as well, which is mappable. If you press down on the joystick, it acts as a button. This is mappable to different things, like text chat, or accessing the player list.

I feel like it's an ideal system to Target since it's still new, and relatively popular

What are your thoughts on this?

I was also made aware that using console for this would require separate servers, which may provide a problem
hi i'm karbn and i eat ass; love the market overlord
I think another feature could be the controller itself, in Legend of Zelda: BOTW there was a shrine where you used the controller by tilting it. I think this could be used for camera angles in Toribash, making it easier to see your tori and plan your next move. Splatoon and zelda both used it and if toribash implemented that the it would fit in with the switch style.