Toribash
Original Post
Items always viewed as Default setting
I suggest having the setting for the items to be on all of the time unless changed by the player, some people may not even know about 3D items and such in the first place due to this.

If players like they can change the option to not show themselves.
Last edited by kyleireland; Dec 13, 2015 at 08:51 PM.
I like to draw and stuff
Originally Posted by XYLONN View Post
I didn't understand the idea. Would you matter elaborate?

I like to draw and stuff
Oh sure, I support this for sure.
How many times I've met new players asking about this ingame/on forums. It's somenthing simple and really helpful.
Counter-Arguement,
You said some people might not know about the extra items and how to turn them on correct? Lets say they have it automatically on and they dont know how to turn it off and their game is extremely laggy and they dont know how to fix it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Counter-Arguement,
You said some people might not know about the extra items and how to turn them on correct? Lets say they have it automatically on and they dont know how to turn it off and their game is extremely laggy and they dont know how to fix it.

The minimum quality could turn this stuff off.
Originally Posted by XYLONN View Post
The minimum quality could turn this stuff off.

Just like it used to.
I like to draw and stuff
3D items etc are only shown on replays when you're playing by default because they tend to get in the way & don't always match the tori hitboxes.
Try playing an aikido match with someone who's got a full set of items + 5 flames + hair and you'll see what I mean. You'll spend more time fighting with the camera trying to get to your joints than manipulating them.

It's nothing to do with curing slowdown or anything like that, it's purely there for gameplay reasons. Also tying it to a graphic setting would be backwards; it's a separate option to allow for quick selection rather than having to prod a stack of tick boxes to turn things on/off.

The better compromise would be to prod users into picking the desired option when they first run the game, that way people who don't want to be able to see what's going on can feel free to from the outset.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
The better compromise would be to prod users into picking the desired option when they first run the game, that way people who don't want to be able to see what's going on can feel free to from the outset.

This is a better way, thanks for describing this SkulFuk.
I like to draw and stuff
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
3D items etc are only shown on replays when you're playing by default because they tend to get in the way & don't always match the tori hitboxes.
Try playing an aikido match with someone who's got a full set of items + 5 flames + hair and you'll see what I mean. You'll spend more time fighting with the camera trying to get to your joints than manipulating them.

It's nothing to do with curing slowdown or anything like that, it's purely there for gameplay reasons. Also tying it to a graphic setting would be backwards; it's a separate option to allow for quick selection rather than having to prod a stack of tick boxes to turn things on/off.

/opt particles 0
/opt obj 0
/opt hair 0

~~~
This idea is pretty useless. The default settings show the 3D items and flames, so changing defaults isn't needed.
If you want to see them at low graphic settings, just don't put the graphics at the minimum.
I mean, there's a reason why somebody changed his graphics to minimal, and this reason is low FPS. Objects and flames will decrease the FPS.
Sorry if my English is too bad to explain this well.