ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by jaatb1143 View Post
generalizations. nothing but opinions and generalizations. plus, if you don't understand what those "arrogant, lazy Americans" are talking about, there's a lovely device called google. I use it quite often, and just because you're not American, doesn't mean you have the right to not use it. I don't consider myself lazy, and I don't brag about how great America is... so you don't have the right to speak on behalf of all of my people. I highly doubt you know what it's like to be an American.

Just because they are generalizations doesn't mean they aren't mostly true.
There are MANY americans who are as well educated about other countries, but not as many as those in european systems.

I think the only way you can really learn about a country's culture in the US is if you took their language as a class.

Each education system has their strengths. Culture and history aren't those for the US
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
generalizations.

They are mere theories, and you do nothing but prove the lot of them.
I agree, Our government is the most fucked part of the country, but we can't do anything to change it. I learn most of what I know from my own research, so my government can't rot my brain as easily as they would like to. Also, my school hasn't even mentioned the war of 1812 since I was in 4th grade (or fifth year if you're European, you're welcome).

What about your loss of the Vietnam war, or did you not know you lost that?
:3

And thanks for saying fifth year, silly American grade system ;)
:D
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Each education system has their strengths. Culture and history aren't those for the US

Maybe that's because the US is lacking in culture (:U? and dont want to hear anyone say its a melting pot. in the time i've seen almost no strong cultural influences where ive been. feel free to come to toronto. whenever i get on a subway there with atleast 10 people, no more than 40% are white/west european. we also have real chinese food, FYI (jk)(not jk). i believe renkai stated that canadians were not as attentive in most social studies classes. i respectfully disagree. in seventh grade we did course on straight-up geography, and the year after, a course on Canadian(:/) history. we even have american history courses up here.

BTW: we dont live in igloos
I love you
Originally Posted by CMon View Post
Number 2: Ignorance.

i still get asked if I still live in an apartheid based government and have wild animals roaming the streets.
lol.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by mikotaku View Post
Maybe that's because the US is lacking in culture (:U? and dont want to hear anyone say its a melting pot.

How can one be lacking in culture? Thats like saying someone is lacking in personality. Just because something is hard to define doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
How can one be lacking in culture? Thats like saying someone is lacking in personality. Just because something is hard to define doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Good point. How did this thread spin into such a mess? lol, when I went to work it was about Americans not informing others of how the schools here are run. I guess that could be a cultural problem, but eh...
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
yea, I'm American, my school doesn't teach me crap. I learn better on my own believe it or not.
Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
yea, I'm American, my school doesn't teach me crap. I learn better on my own believe it or not.

I believe you. Atleast there's some people who are eager to suck up knowledge instead of floating on bits and fragments.
Originally Posted by CMon View Post
I believe you. Atleast there's some people who are eager to suck up knowledge instead of floating on bits and fragments.

what the fuck is wrong with you? I said the exact same thing and you flamed me for it!