Toribash
Original Post
ABD not what it use to be
In ABD or other aikido variants, there are too many cheap moves like headbutting, lifting or dm kicks. A gametype like rkmma would be a better suited mod for like clan wars or something. What is your guy's opinion
Don't Be Racist
Originally Posted by Eddylee View Post
In ABD or other aikido variants, there are too many cheap moves like headbutting, lifting or dm kicks. A gametype like rkmma would be a better suited mod for like clan wars or something. What is your guy's opinion

For those of us long enough to remember it - ABD was created because so many players were so bad at aikido, that their solution became "change the mod" rather than "I should become better." They changed the dojo size and engage distance without taking into consideration what the game could become if you try to win.

Regardless- what you call cheap moves usually are just effective moves. You can escape to any major competitive mod and find an effective play style that annoys you. No snap kicking in TK, no letting go and running in TK, no lifting in aikido, no lift kicks, no shovels, no contracted wrists, no running, no rush openers, no Dm openers, no decap openers, no head butts, no skeet openers, rise above the avoidance behavior and just learn how to overcome it. Those who aren't banning moves are those breaking bank making hundreds of thousands if not millions of TC in duels because they're actually talented.

Lastly- clan wars don't need to be in ABD. Most I'm in aren't anyways.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Toribash Concept - A move that gets you beat early is a cheap move.

No. So many moves are considered cheap moves that what moves are there that aren't?

Kicks...cheap
Lift...cheap
Shove...cheap
Headbutt...cheap

The only move thats possibly not considered cheap is the noob clap variant. Pretty much a noob clap in relaxed mode. As far as ABD goes, I think Aikido is still the better mod.

Dr.Hax, I wonder why another mod was made just because some people couldn't play Aikido. When you are a beginner isn't Aikido one of the few mods in beginner mode you can experience with? And you were talking about people who like to ban moves they can't beat. That is so true! For example, how do you run in TK? Its almost impossible to get back to your opponent once you are a decent distance away from each other. The no lifting in Aikido is also bull shit. If people couldn't lift in Aikido, nobody would move away from the center of the ring.

You are right though Hax. Don't ban it or find an alternate just because you can't beat it, overcome it!
People are massive buttmunches who will do anything to win, instead of having fun.

Abd has degenerated to lifts, kicks and claps because they are the most effective way to win. A lot of servers you see are Abd because its easier to win via those techniques in it(at least when I played mp, I don't know if its still all Abd now). People will literally have shovel wars just to win 1k tc, all because its on of the most effective ways to win in Abd.

Kradel, the entire reason Abd was made is because people are bad at the game and don't know how to improve, so they get butthurt and make a mod that's easy as fuck to win in. Also, aikido isn't as bad in beginner servers because you're generally playing against other players who are equally as bad as you.
So stop getting butthurt just because you can't adapt and just grow a pair you babies.

I love how we all just repeated the same thing 3 times :v
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Balanced what can we call balance ?
Everything start wtih same opener ?
then can use same moves otherwise it;s not balanced
because they counter themselfS ?
robogoat have some right later but what i can say
everybody have their favorite mod and some mods
don't take so the same ammout of "skill " then others but it's normal
Like wushu and mushu
I'm one of wushu grumpies who cry about improvisation
and what should i cry about runners and kcik them from lobby
practice my comebacks with them ?
well it's my opinion and for me you are wrong
so wrong or you just want to play rkmma in clan wars xD if you do why
don't you ask your clan mates about some wars in rkmma ?
some clan would love too war in rkmma ?
oh hi i'm your clanmate rkmma sucks we can war in lenshu oh they are similiar
anyway stop buthurting and complaing about stuff
learn to counter it and say thanks to shoveling newbies
for training your counter shoveling skills
Nobody expected normal comment from that guy ^
Well, for me anything is counterable, no matter what... so calling move cheap/noob, or making a shit because of it are just excuses for losing... i have never seen same excuses after winning with guy using such a move.
well excuses make you better they make you worse C: and
they make you rage thats not how you get better
you should complain abotu what you did wrong and what you did good
and save replays of intanse games or very easy games that you lost
The last 4 posts have confused me so much
How did you guys go for talking about Abd to rkmma to how excuses make you bad?
Wtf is happening, this is so non-linear, so random
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
abd distance is the same btw, abd was introduced for some clan league to get rid of lifters, the problem is when you make dq outside of the ring more problematic to happen without changing dt and ft, meta does change completely. nobody was thinking about it at that point, so here we go.

there are various aikido-like mods with big dojo which prevent lifting aswell, like spiritwrestling, but these are not popular.

why? the skill cap

abd is a mess in it's current state, and because of it it's easily aproachable by having very low entry skill cap.

any scrub can play abd even if he is terrible, while in mods like spiritwrestling, where you can not damage opponent directly and you need to work to pin him down, you need to have a some degree of skill to be effective.

in short: yes there are flaws in aikido due the current grab system, and i tried to adress these by changing the mod, to weed out the very same issues you mentioned in OP by limiting grabs and making it self-damage only, so meta is concentrated on throws and pindowns. you can try aikido5 or aikido7 (5 have wrists disabled)

obviously, i would like to disagree with hax, as "git gut" is not always an answer.

playing aikido for quite a while (my main mod) you can recognize the boundaries and address them, considering current game limitations (for example when grabs would not be a solid line connection and you will be able to break them, there would not need in any limitations at all, except dm threshold and self dm, to have a perfect aikido mod)

solid line grabs deform yourr body on double grabs - should not be considered as feature, but a thing to fix
since grabs are unbreakable, you can't get rid of them and they deform body, low grabs becoming OP - due to these limitations low grab openers and our favorite shovel is the game breaker when done sucessfully

addressing issues above instead of accepting them as it is, is right choice

but in any case, META is the king

when mod settings favor one way to play over another, people will follow the lowest common dominator strategy

in short: it's rather convinient to dm kick somebody in abd in order to win, instead of trying to throw and pindown
and it's rather convinient in aikido5 to throw somebody instead of trying to kick dm him (no dm and self dm only, kicks are useless)

people will follow the meta which is favored by mod settings, thats why when mods are created people shouldd think about why and what, to avoid creating such mess as abd,

but hey, people like it, lol
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15