Toribash
Original Post
Alone
First attempt at a Toribash edit, made a few rookie mistakes but I think it turned out well :)
10 tc to the first person who can tell me who the tribute is to.

Song: Alone by Sagarito
Program: After Effects
Replays: Mack, Swexx, Largekilla

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Nice colors, I think that a bit more contrast would be better.
Loved the transition at 0:14.
The slow motions could be a bit more fluid (I suggest you to record these parts with Toribash in 60fps)
Nice point of view at 0:10.
The kind of light on the head at 0:33 is not really well tracked, but I loved the idea of that tori going in the sky when he gets ko.
From 0:38 to 0:42 the camera is focusing too high, the bottom tori is cut outside the video. Then the camera do a weird move to the top.

All in all, nice job for a first attempt, I can't wait to see more from you

(I hope that my English is not that bad and you understand the most of what I'm saying)

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Yeah I’ve turned my monitors contract up stupidly high and forgot so the video looks a bit washed out. I’ll try to remember in the future lol.

I record at 240 FPS though the shitty FPS at 0:33 is because I precomposed that whole part then realized I had to slow it down more and just didn’t want to go back and redo it at that point. AE doesn’t let you do frame smoothing on precomposed layers for some reason

Thanks for the feed back my dude, I have a lot of fun making these

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Hey you asked for some feedback via PM but it's hard for me to do that because honestly it looks incredible. I love how the sound works so well. I would've loved to see a little bit of like, iridescence included as like a shadowing on the Toribash characters once or twice to break up the color but I loved it. Fantastic job Divine.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
I love you Bod, thank you for the encouragement.

The iridescence a great idea tbh, I’ll keep it in mind.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Hi hello, for a first try this is great. I'd be proud of this if this was my first attempt at an edit. You pick good sync points and have nice, creative ideas for a game that's hard to do new things in.

One thing that stands out with this video is that the keyframing could use a ton of work. Sony Vegas is difficult when keyframing pancrop/effects compared to After Effects, but it's doable with some extra effort. Consider toying with the different keyframe "effects" such as Smooth and Slow, and be sure to have some sort of keyframe interpolation so that it looks less stiff.
The focus on the tori by blurring uke in the first replay was really soft (and quick), some people could watch this without even noticing it was there.
Velo had the right idea, but the project's FPS is really low to begin with. Try to avoid choppiness when slowing down replays, maybe use twixtor. Slowing replays down where there is less movement allows twixtor to blend frames without too much morphing, since they're similar.

The masking at :33 is a good idea, I see the inspiration from slykuiper. It looks incredibly static, perhaps some sort of animation can fix that and make it look nicer on the eyes. The choppy slowmo is super important here, these kinds of bits of an edit are the parts that you want to "wow" people with the most. I would consider spending more time on making a scene look great when doing something like this. I'm too lazy, so I don't bother.

Don't be afraid to get closer to the toris with your freecam. This might be personal preference, but having the toris at a static distance from the camera (at least with all the slower parts that we see the most) looks really bland, and the colors/shader don't make up for it. Pancrop is great, but it's pancrop on top of a great shot that looks great. Magic Bullet Looks is something to try for color correction, at the very least curves within SV can improve an image a ton.

The white flashes could be done by using a layer set to "add" above the video, using solid white and fading it in/out. This'll work well for the time being until there is some better understanding on keyframing here.

I'd consider asking around for some help as well. Luigizinhu, perf, Glimpsed, and Hours are all still around (i think). They probably have better things to tell you, seeing I haven't edited any Toribash in years.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

hihi tyzi, thanks for the feedback.

when i have time to work on the next one I think ill try (i have a lot of fun with these so i get carried away) to make it shorter. I did easy ease the keyframes that look REALLY bad but theres so many and i tried to pump this out in a day or two before i got burned out on the song. I know it doesn't look like it but this is a really effect and layer heavy video, a lot of them arent as noticeable as i'd like because i am n00b and also have my monitors contrast up so high it's a bit easier for me to see them. As a reference the focus effect happens for probably at least a third of the slow downs but is only noticeable a few times at best. I key framed the curve levels to try to give it pop in some places but I don't think it worked lol (i did the flashes via curve manipulation as well).

is 24 fps bad? i was under the impression 24 fps is the way to go but maybe not.

Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
The masking at :33 is a good idea, I see the inspiration from slykuiper.

ding ding ding, winner

yeah, i wasn't really trying to make it a focal point, i just wanted to make a reference to slykuiper because he got me into editing, better late than never. Looking back at it, it actually rendered incorrectly for whatever reason. I had more clouds in front of the tori when i was making it.
precomposing it and then much later realizing the velo was off kind of fucked it, but i am nothing if not lazy

thanks for the feedback guys, hopefully i'll find time soon to make attempt 2

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة