Toribash
Original Post
SwiftShader - OpenGL?
Hey,
Having done some research, ive found that i could most probably run shaders through software emulation, Such as swiftshader.
Only problem, is swiftshader is for D3D, has anyone seen/heard of any software shader emulators for OpenGL ?

Many thanks to anyone who helps
So I did a little research and Mesa is a software OpenGL implementation and that might well allow you to use the assembler based shaders on the CPU, however I'm not sure about that. It's worth a try though, and worst case sceneroy your back to where you started. Though from some people who have used it, they say it seems to work pretty well
SuicideDo - Dorrie stands for
Damn Outrageous Reefer Ripping Instrument Extreme
Thanks for the quick answer, but i have tried that on both linux and windows, without sucess on both :/
Originally Posted by bilza View Post
Thanks for the quick answer, but i have tried that on both linux and windows, without sucess on both :/

I am sorry to hear that, I will research a bit more, but I might be out of options for you.
SuicideDo - Dorrie stands for
Damn Outrageous Reefer Ripping Instrument Extreme
Theres already a thread about this. Also, there is a reason that shaders use GPUs rather than CPUs.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Theres already a thread about this. Also, there is a reason that shaders use GPUs rather than CPUs.

Plus the fact that toribash tends to rape your CPU already, this wouldn't really be viable unless you had an insane CPU and a very shit GPU... in which case why build a pc like that? :P
:D
Crappy laptop :<

Everything is a chipset, all soldered in, and i cant upgrade it :<

But yea, my CPU isnt great, only 1.87 ghz Dual core, but my GPU is worse, intel family express chipset 965 :S