Toribash
Originally Posted by Fates View Post
I hate when people say that because it's absolute bullshit it's the most hypocritical thing ever put into a document.

Do you have evidence that all humans are not created equal?

DO you have evidence that it DOES NOT TAKE A SPERM AND AN EGG?

SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
Originally Posted by SuicideDo View Post
Do you have evidence that all humans are not created equal?

DO you have evidence that it DOES NOT TAKE A SPERM AND AN EGG?

If you want to get technical one pair of future parents could have extremely shitty genes in comparison to other future parents.
What matters is that all humans do not end up equal.
All men were created equal

Originally Posted by Fates View Post
I hate when people say that because it's absolute bullshit it's the most hypocritical thing ever put into a document.

If you want to get technical one pair of future parents could have extremely shitty genes in comparison to other future parents.
What matters is that all humans do not end up equal.

Just wanted to come by to precise a few things, if you refer to the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" as "the most hypocritical thing ever put into a document", here the real citation which most people quote wrong.

"Art. 1

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood."

Firstly, it's not about "being created", it's about being born in a society ; and secondly, it's about rights and dignity, not genes, not ethnicity, not religions, not geographic situation. It's about democracy and justice.

And yes, you might think it's just a shitty piece of paper and the world is far from it, but those are universal and timeless ideas that are worst fighting for, a direction to take whenever we try to change something in our society(ies), because anything that goes against it will bring inequalities, conflicts, wars...

The Universal Declaration of the Human Rights isn't an observation, it's a beacon.
Originally Posted by deprav View Post

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood."

[/I]Firstly, it's not about "being created", it's about being born in a society ; and secondly, it's about rights and dignity, not genes, not ethnicity, not religions, not geographic situation. It's about democracy and justice.

And yes, you might think it's just a shitty piece of paper and the world is far from it, but those are universal and timeless ideas that are worst fighting for, a direction to take whenever we try to change something in our society(ies), because anything that goes against it will bring inequalities, conflicts, wars...

The Universal Declaration of the Human Rights isn't an observation, it's a beacon.

I agree, these ideas are worth fighting for, but it's a shame a powerful entity or organization or someone with power can't enforce them. And it's these very ideals that can split the world apart because of all the varying ideas, but I do believe these ideas can happen, and become reality. Whether it be people who agree with slavery, or misogynists, thoughts of the like that can easily divide people. I don't think the U.S will aid to enforce or create an atmosphere to foster these ideas and help them grow and expand anytime soon.