Ranking
Original Post
Pick my playlist!
looking for help refilling my playlist, since it's barren again (with 5 albums). post songs, albums, band names, links, video, anything you think is good. just to give you some parameters for what I'd actually dl, and want here a list of genres I like:
hip/hop
experimental
jazz
indie
ambient
some vaporwave (seriously, it's hit or miss with this big time)
dark ambient
instrumental
rock
spooky shit

p.s. if you think what you like is good but it doesn't go under one of the genres I listed above, post it anyway. this thread is about finding new music, not just me, but anyone else who views it so go wild.

things to include when posting:
the song or songs (duh)
artist name
a download link if available (no torrents, we don't post torrents on this forum)
the genre
why it's good

go wild, I'll update the OP with my favorites under their genre.

the good stuff

Last edited by mWah; Jun 9, 2015 at 11:15 AM.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Two Vaporwave artists that I'm a huge fan of are Yung Bae and Saint Pepsi (Although both of them are basically plagiarism). Most of saint pepsi's shit on bandcamp or youtube, but a download link can't be found for shit. And I can't be bothered to look for Yung Bae's shit outside of youtube.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
hip hop:
big l - lifestylez ov da poor & dangerous
common - be
de la soul - stakes is high
the song: Jetty
artist name: Tortoise
the genre: Jazz, Instrumental, Electronic
why it's good: Tortoise is a very unique band with no elements that they created themselves. If you're well versed with music, you can pick out multiple influences within each song. However, the mixture of all these influences makes for superb results, and this is one of the few bands that I listen to that I've gotten some of my less musically-inclined friends to listen to. This album is also probably in my top 5 favorites.

the song: Fast Canoe
artist name: Polvo
the genre: Indie, Math Rock?
why it's good: Polvo is probably my favorite indie band. They make the guitar really sound like their own instrument, which is pretty hard to do at this point. Their dissonant and jagged chords and song structures are extremely creative and still very enjoyable to listen to.

I might add some more later but I need to go get my wisdom teeth removed
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
I'll just post my play list because it matches your wants

Hip/Hop~Artist; The Weeknd,A$ap Rocky,Wiz Khalifa, Kevin Gates, Childish Gambino

Experimental~Artist; Animal Collective,FennWiz

Jazz~Artist; Louis Armstrong

Indie~Artist; Artic Monkeys,Oasis,The Killers

Ambient~Artist; Steve Roach,Shades of Orion,Dream fish

Vaporwave~Artist; Giant Claw

Dark Ambient~Artist; Same as Ambient

Instrumental~Artist; Dan Cretu,ALEKSANDRA DOMANOVIC

Rock~Artist; The Beatles,Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Three doors down, Skillet, Red

My Picks~Artist;

We came as Romans, A day to remember, Issues, Secrets,The Amity Affliction,The Bunny the Bear.
Originally Posted by Dinis View Post
hip hop:
big l - lifestylez ov da poor & dangerous
common - be
de la soul - stakes is high

always got dat old shiet
Originally Posted by Larfen View Post
the song: Jetty
artist name: Tortoise
the genre: Jazz, Instrumental, Electronic
why it's good: Tortoise is a very unique band with no elements that they created themselves. If you're well versed with music, you can pick out multiple influences within each song. However, the mixture of all these influences makes for superb results, and this is one of the few bands that I listen to that I've gotten some of my less musically-inclined friends to listen to. This album is also probably in my top 5 favorites.

the song: Fast Canoe
artist name: Polvo
the genre: Indie, Math Rock?
why it's good: Polvo is probably my favorite indie band. They make the guitar really sound like their own instrument, which is pretty hard to do at this point. Their dissonant and jagged chords and song structures are extremely creative and still very enjoyable to listen to.

I might add some more later but I need to go get my wisdom teeth removed

tortoise was just what I needed, however I didn't like polvo as much despite the great guitar each song somehow seemed unfinished, and boring (at least of the few 3 that I listened to)
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
I've got one real good album for you, and a couple of fun songs.

Artist: The Rural Alberta Advantage
Genre: Indie Rock
Album: Hometowns
Select songs: The Ballad Of The RAA, Don't Haunt This Place, Drain The Blood, Frank, AB and Four Night Rider.
Why it's good: Love the tone of the vocals. Love the superfast drums. Love the melodies. Love the production.

Artist: The Flower Kings
Genre: Psych prog rock
Why it's good: Crazy fking solos. Great blaze music.
Song:

For Those About To Drown

Artist: Funkadelic
Genre: Psych-something
Why it's good: "Mother Earth is pregnant for the 3rd time, for ya'll have knocked her up. I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe, for I knew I had to rise above it all, or drown in my own shiiiiit" followed by 10min epic trippy solo.
Song:

Maggot Brain

..and a special song for you, mwah..
Artist: Al Green
Genre: Soul
Song:

Tired Of Being Alone

Thaiboy Digital, bladee, Ecco2k, Nok from the Future, Tag Shai, kiddbuu
Why theyre good: Ethereal cloud flows with ethereal cloud beats. Vaporwave influenced.

Bones, Xavier Wulf, Chris Travis, grandmilly, Yung Simmie, Amber London, Nell, ILLFIGHTYOU
Why theyre good: 90's memphis influenced with their modern spin to it.

Majid Jordan, PARTYNEXTDOOR, The Weeknd
Why theyre good: idk if you like alt r&b but these guys are good if you do.

Father
Why he's good: has a very unique style that's catchy as fuck and traps off a nokia

Some of my favorite songs from the artists above are:
Bones - Corduroy
Majid Jordan - Place like this
Chris Travis - No Signal
Yung Simmie - Splak
Father - Look at Wrist

just look their shit up on soundcloud or something, too lazy to get downloads
Last edited by Daxx; Jun 5, 2015 at 11:37 PM.
the song or songs (duh) album: Third Side Of Tape
artist name: Lil Ugly Mane
a download link if available (no torrents, we don't post torrents on this forum): torrent
the genre: instrumental, hip hop, punk rock, minimal, lots and lots of stuff
why it's good: very diverse arrangement of random tracks, surprisingly good

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
Song or songs : There will never be another you, Scrapple from the Apple, Autumn Leaves
Artist name : Sonny Stitt
The genre : jazz : bebop
Why it's good : Stitt's style is a mix between Parker and Cannonball Adderley, it's awesome shit
Last edited by Flosax; Jun 7, 2015 at 02:55 PM.