Ranking
i think having 3 mods in total will be somewhat consistent for all ranked/competative/clan wars/clan leagues scenarios, somewhat new mods created specially for that purpose, that concentrate on specific aspects, being absolutely different from each other, instead of having a wide list of similar mods

striking.tbm (variation of rk-mma, something deprav & rmo will finalize)
the mod focused on striking, obviously no grabs

grappling.tbm (variation of spiritwrestling, in progress)
the mod focused on dq opponent, obviously no dms and no direct damage, which is domain of striking/kicking and clearly not grappling

kicking.tbm ( tkomp1.tbm, this one is complete and made by tk player cowmeat, can recommend the mod right now as he was streaking reliably on me)
the mod focused on err.. i have no idea about kicking, but cowmeat know what he's doing so i'm pretty sure if he says tkomp1.tbm is better - it must be
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
i think having 3 mods in total will be somewhat consistent for all ranked/competative/clan wars/clan leagues scenarios, somewhat new mods created specially for that purpose, that concentrate on specific aspects, being absolutely different from each other, instead of having a wide list of similar mods

striking.tbm (variation of rk-mma, something deprav & rmo will finalize)
the mod focused on striking, obviously no grabs

grappling.tbm (variation of spiritwrestling, in progress)
the mod focused on dq opponent, obviously no dms and no direct damage, which is domain of striking/kicking and clearly not grappling

kicking.tbm ( tkomp1.tbm, this one is complete and made by tk player cowmeat, can recommend the mod right now as he was streaking reliably on me)
the mod focused on err.. i have no idea about kicking, but cowmeat know what he's doing so i'm pretty sure if he says tkomp1.tbm is better - it must be

more than fine with that. in striking -20 is one of the best gravities.

the grappling sounds good, always thought spiritwrestling was a great mod.

the kicking mod..by cowmeat well let's get erth's opinion on that one! is it very similar to erthtkv2 or what's the difference!
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by William View Post
the kicking mod..by cowmeat well let's get erth's opinion on that one! is it very similar to erthtkv2 or what's the difference!

I take some authority on this matter.
The differences between Tkomp1 and erthtk are very small, but Tkomp balances the styles a little and makes it slightly less random

#1. DM threshold is up from 120 to 130 (100 normal tk). Hits need to be harder to dm, but also neutralizes alot of the randomness. The goal in competitive play isnt to boom anyways.

#2 engage distance from 180 to 170. Slightly boosts the power of offensive openers. Also now you can force a grab on clap openers. Very slight change but varies the early game

#3. damage multiplier increased for head and crotch area. and slight tweaks to damage overall.

So basically its just a slightly refined version of erthtk. The engage distance difference will have some affect on the meta but wont shift anything dramatically.
Last edited by cowmeat; Aug 22, 2015 at 07:19 PM.
I really don't think 3 mods are enough, it can't cover everyone's tastes, the insanely wide palette of skills toribash has to offer, all the interesting gameplay aspects the game can take etc...

Plus it's interesting to have a decent list of choices offering different "match strategy" depending on who/what clan you're fighting. Like, it would be boring to only have 3 maps on Counter-Strike, or 3 characters on LoL etc...
It's good to have a limited amount of competitive mods so it doesn't get messy and people don't get to play random fun mods they never heard of during matches, but it's not good to limit the players and the choices the game has to offer, we should still have a consequent amount of mods to choose from, I even think 9 is pretty limited, it could go up to 12 imo.
Its one of most popular mods in tb, yes bit unfair with shovels and kicks but top skill players can survive this tactics.
Originally Posted by xbcz View Post
Its one of most popular mods in tb, yes bit unfair with shovels and kicks but top skill players can survive this tactics.

That is not an argument that goes anywhere. Jousting was popular, doesnt mean its good.
I think JudoFrac would be a good addition. Its a very balanced mod. Harder to cheese then most other mods and you rarely see random fracs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
Originally Posted by xbcz View Post
aikido.tbm must be in too. Even with all that shovels.

I think it should be greykido.tbm than aikido.tbm.

In greykido there are a lot of greydojos outside of the main dojo, save spots. Even if someone shovel you, you can either save yourself by stepping on the greydojos or even counter the opponent's move and throw him back to the other side of the dojo.
Last edited by Raiken; Aug 17, 2015 at 11:47 AM.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.