ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
I've proposed to people before that, as an ideal solution, we just have Off-Topic with Discussion threads in it (threads tagged with [Discussion] or [Debate]) that are held to a higher standard

God, I love tags.

What'd you propose the new board should be called?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
For me, merging the 3 subforums in off topic into "media chat" or somethomg of the like, then creating a discussion subforum would make most sense

off topic already has a lot of subforums so simply adding it would be too cluttered imo but I think this would work
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
What is the difference between the discussion thread and the off-topic thread?

I thought the point of a "Discussion" thread was for Toribash related things.

And "Off-Topic" was for non toribash related things, hence "Off topic"

This is how it is done in other Gaming forums. No idea why the Toribash one is like the way it is.
that is my main gripe in essence. it's incredibly stupid that there's a main forum dedicated to long winded discussions about shit completely unrelated to the game. discussion should have been toribash related stuff to begin with.
Maybe get rid of separate Discussions board and create another sub-forum in off-topic section titled "Big Topics" or something like that. There you can have rules that are a bit more strict than in main off-topic section, though I think rules shouldn't be too demanding since this is a gaming forum populated mostly with teens. It shouldn't be so strict that it intimidates 80% of forum members from participating.
I'm with tags on OT threads. Making it a sub-forum on OT wouldn't solve it, it would move it. Unless that's what you guys are going for but it seems the same to me. And if we tag a OT thread as [Debate] then how would we eject people? Staff support? And you guys realize we've went really off-topic from the original question right? We went from what discussions should look like to whether or not we should delete this and just use tags on OT. Not saying it's a bad thing since it's still progressing forward in a non-retarded fashion so far but I just thought I'd point it out.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
What is the difference between the discussion thread and the off-topic thread?

I thought the point of a "Discussion" thread was for Toribash related things.

Nope.

Discussion is for topics that that are to be handled seriously - whether they be Toribash related or not. Off-Topic is the same, except the topics there are handled less seriously.

That's why it makes sense to me to just have new Discussion threads in Off-Topic, but marked with a tag that signifies the heightened level of seriousness.

@Zenboy, it's OK that this discussion has become what it is.
Originally Posted by KiTFoX View Post
I think wibbles was a necessary evil in a much bigger way than debate was but tori prime seems to have filled that void pretty well. I think you're the only one that's contributed so far that understands what I'm saying though. I'm not saying we do away entirely with all hot button topics but to have a place seemingly dedicated to them on an indie game forum is absurd. There's some good threads in here that have nothing to do with what I'm talking about but they'd just as easily fit into an OT merge to something more lax.

I disagree so hard with what you said about tp and wibbles. TP is not a good sub, granted I haven't been there in a year, but wibbles could only function because it had a lot of people. A lot of the rules in other subs (especially OT) exist only to stop it turning into wibbles. I still don't see why it would be a problem to let people have game threads. I can understand disallowing raids, but disallowing "rate the avatar above you" is just pointless rules.

Originally Posted by KiTFoX View Post
I'm not a staff member so I'm not sure where this came from. I'm a regular user so let's not get it twisted.

it's ok me too

Originally Posted by Neko View Post
God, I love tags.

Tags are shit, if you post a srs thread in OT then someone makes a non-srs reply, just ignore it, shit posts happen, please don't use tags for anything ever (except wts/wtb/wtt they are ok).

Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Maybe get rid of separate Discussions board and create another sub-forum in off-topic section titled "Big Topics" or something like that. There you can have rules that are a bit more strict than in main off-topic section, though I think rules shouldn't be too demanding since this is a gaming forum populated mostly with teens. It shouldn't be so strict that it intimidates 80% of forum members from participating.

You're basically talking about just renaming the sub, I don't think it will fix any problems tbh. Just delete discussion sub and be done with it. If someone wants to make a srs thread in OT they are welcome to.

RT/OT/and the 3 media boards would be a decent combo for now (although to be honest computer/mobile is basically dead and could be remerged to OT).
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Oct 7, 2015 at 06:40 AM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
I disagree so hard with what you said about tp and wibbles. TP is not a good sub, granted I haven't been there in a year, but wibbles could only function because it had a lot of people. A lot of the rules in other subs (especially OT) exist only to stop it turning into wibbles. I still don't see why it would be a problem to let people have game threads. I can understand disallowing raids, but disallowing "rate the avatar above you" is just pointless rules.

TP has been going through changes recently. a year is a long time, I'm afraid you might be speaking out of school on that bit. I do see where you're coming from though.
Hey a little bit off-topic here but they should strongly consider renaming Computer/Mobile to Tech Talk. It widens the gap. People wanna talk about more than their Laptop Options or new ZenFone, they wanna talk about new tech they're excited for like Apple Watches and Google Glasses. Those are neither Computers nor Mobiles but should be allowed. Then again they can talk about it in OT but if you make a Sub just for Tech then don't limit what kind of Tech they can post. And Media Chat could work maybe since new things that excite people end up being things they wanna talk about like the Lexus Magnetic Hoverboard coming out the exact year Back to the Future predicted or One Direction's new concert tour. I'm not a big fan of 1D myself but I felt that's a good example.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |