Toribash
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Very little of his money was inherited, and before he inherited anything he worked long and hard and had already made his fortune

$40 million to $200 million dollars inherited. Yeah, a little. sure thing buddy.

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
On a sidenote, even having money is considered to be political power in the US, after Trump made remarks about illegal mexican immigrants Forbes actually lowered his estimated net worth to just 3% of it's earlier estimate that year... Really shows which side Forbes is on doesn't it XD

As for this, Forbes is being accurate. They aren't taking sides, They're actually pretty un-biased, they're taking into account his own actions and how they affect the country as a whole. There are places with a Mexican immigrant majority, these places surely will affect his net worth due to that remark. I'd say it's not a "side" being taken, but factually correct. also, they lowered his net worth BY 3% not, "TO" 3%
Last edited by Polybius; Nov 23, 2015 at 10:00 PM.
I am evil.
Forbes estimates he's worth 4 billion.

Its generally agreed that he was only given something meager like 40 million or something, and to a lot of you that probably seems like a stupid amount.

But lets take this into consideration:

= 40,000,000 / 4,000,000,000

= 0.01

That means he inherited 1% of his fortunes, and had to work in order to get the company doing what he wanted, make the right choices. A lot of people would have blown through that 40 million in less than 10 years, but for him to turn something like that into a gargantuan figure says a lot. (not sure I'm sold on his views, however that's besides the point).

The fact that the financial supporters of politicians also include news companies is pretty bad. You can tell which station supports which by the way they present the candidates which heavily affects "blind voters" (people who vote not knowing what stances the politicians have / voting because he seems nice, etc.)

But as I can imagine this is how it has always been done, so to change something like this would not be an easy feat, not at all.
Last edited by MrJingles; Nov 24, 2015 at 05:13 AM.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
While he didn't do it all by himself, I'm guessing he did do something right which is why he's among the richest ever, also the fact that he is funding his own campaign means everything he says is his own views not promoted by some third party group.

Good or bad, Trump's views are 100% genuinely his
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Originally Posted by MrJingles View Post
While he didn't do it all by himself, I'm guessing he did do something right which is why he's among the richest ever, also the fact that he is funding his own campaign means everything he says is his own views not promoted by some third party group.

Good or bad, Trump's views are 100% genuinely his

It just goes to show, his true motives, and the game currently being played in the U.S political system. What some may view as change for the better, others may view as change for the worst, as there is no true "unbiased" way to create a better change for all.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

I am evil.
The reason why there is no true unbiased way to create a better change for all is because almost everyone has different views when it comes to topics, these differing tastes however is what makes free thought and free speech a thing because it allows for discussion among people to express their thoughts and ideas (like this thread for example).

The people of a country can never be 100% happy, but the fact of the matter is money has a lot more influence than people give it credit for.
Donald trump running for president, once a joke from the simpsons now a cruel reality for America. The guy who lets 4 of his companies file for bankruptcy, doesn't seem like someone who should have so much control over America's resources. Besides if you ever check his twitter, you would notice that he is clearly too dense to make any proper decisions.

But since thats not the subject, ofcourse money has a huge influence on politics. After all, where doesn't have money any influence? The more money you can throw into the media the more likely it is that they will display you as "A good guy you should vote for" with surprisingly effective results as well. And as for Kanye West, well he'll do his kanye best on his kanye quest to presidency.
Nothing is as beautiful as mediocricy
I honestly don't believe Trump runs his twitter account. Its up too his lackeys who translate