ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Turkey Shoots Down Russian Fighter Jet!!
Things have been escalating very quickly.... could this be the spark to start world war 3? If you compare recent events to the build up of previous world wars, things are starting to look very similar.

Turkey claims the jet was warned 10 times to leave Trukeys air space.

Apparently there was no ISIS in that are.
Last edited by FistofLife; Nov 24, 2015 at 07:12 PM.
After this, Russia sent helicopters to search for the downed jet, and one of those also got shot down.

Basically Turkey told Russia to stop killing Turkish civilians in Syria (even though they claim they're only killing islamists) and to stop entering Turkish airspace to do so. (source)
A lot of things relating this incident have been happening. If you want to read some more on it:

1, 2, 3
I think this will only encourage Russian bombings, an unbelievably stupid call on Turkey's part
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Turkey will get no support from NATO and you just know Russia won't let this one slide. This is dangerously escalating towards WW3.
i don't care if i'll get infracted for this post, but i'm actually scared here. my grandmother was born at around the WW2 time, and i've asked her about it, how it was and everytime she started crying. i'm now wondering, what'll happen then?

p.s idc if i get infracted, i want to know something.
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
Turkey are idiots. NATO has been posturing for war for a long time but they probably don't actually want war right now. Really who would authorise such a strike without considering the consequences and without aiming for a diplomatic solution.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff

Russia's jet was within their air space, even though Russia said they weren't. NATO said they were. Over all, I think it would make sense to shoot them down (with all this ISIS stuff) but was it necessary to shoot down the helicopter that came to inspect the fallen jet? I don't think so.

I honestly am on Turkey's side. Putin is kind of mad with power, so...
Last edited by WeooWeoo; Nov 25, 2015 at 02:53 AM.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by MintCat View Post
Turkey will get no support from NATO and you just know Russia won't let this one slide. This is dangerously escalating towards WW3.

NATO held an emergency meeting right after this happened. They emerged from it declaring their support for Turkey, and called for de-escalation and calm.

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Turkey are idiots. NATO has been posturing for war for a long time but they probably don't actually want war right now. Really who would authorise such a strike without considering the consequences and without aiming for a diplomatic solution.

Turkey acted like a child, yeah. There's no room for this sort impulsive action in such a high-tension theatre. I'm thinking perhaps, that they played into Putin's hand. Turkey had warned Russia back in October about violating their airspace, and before then (numerous times) Turkish and Syrian planes had been shot down over the border because they breached each other's territory. In other words, there's a history of aircrafts being shot down for territorial incursions in that specific border region. It's not like it's unexpected that Turkey responded today the way it did. If you take that into account, and you also take into account that Putin's all about game theory, then I think it's possible that Putin expected and wanted this to happen. Why? Time will tell.
Last edited by Ele; Nov 25, 2015 at 03:13 AM.
Originally Posted by Skizzify View Post
So Turkey shot a Russian jet that was trespassing.
A helicopter was sent to search for the downed jet.
Also shot down.
Won't this seem a little threatening to Putin? I'm sure that jet cost more than 20 million dollars along with the helicopter.
Worst case scenario, WW3.

I doubt they're gonna have a fight over a jet, hopefully they negotiate repairs, and it'll be settled. Putin will surely be a bit dissapointed with NATO's decision but that's to be expected.

Here's the airspace report, as you can see people are already misconstruing the facts, there's two reports already:

Airspace Report 1

The bottom is apparently a turkish radar picture.

Airspace Report 2

One jet pilot was rescued, and the person who came in the rescue chopper died.

Yeah, I'm not sure Turkey will want to pay that much for the Su-24's cost, but they could at least cover for the helicopter.
I am evil.