Toribash
Original Post
Pixel art:: How to make toribash smileys. (level of tutorial; Intermediate)
((((((((((((((((((PHOTOSHOP-VERSION)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Anyone who wants to may use this tutorial to make pixel heads as they wish but pleas don't steel any of my pics.

this is roughly explained in the whole so only do this tutorial if you already have at-least a basic understanding of photoshop.
this is how i make mine in 9 steps.
(for this I'll use Cev's head)

all large images are at 1600% zoom

!:

This is the backing for every head i make, i made it buy drawing out the basic shape then by hand anti-aliasing it. to get the transparency i just toned the opacity level on the pencil down

":

OK now on a new layer i have added the outline basic shape for cev's eye. i did this by selecting a very strong red/orange color (witch is the base color of cev's eye) and then putting the opacity to 25% (keep the opacity of the pencil to 25% now) to get the shape, i just looked at cevs eye then tryed a few times, this was my 5th attempted.

also pleas take note of the first shape, the width is in proportion to the width of the whole head, bit the height is one pixel higher... i have no idea why i did this but it seemed to work :P

£:

now just do it over but slightly smaller on the same player

$:

do it again and then using rubber set to pencil mode at 25% just rub out the middle a bit to make the pupil.

%:

in this step i got a very light orange for the bottom right large reflection and white for the top left and mid reflection, this uses the same layer and the same techniques.

^:

OK eye done, now we start the detail, new layer and look again at cevs head, notice where the lines are and then draw a think faint outline with light gray around where it should be. again at 25%.

&:

now i strengthen the lines, and... looking at cevs 3D render of the head i noticed the top and bottom had little bumps, I've simulated these using pure white at the edges... this one may take a few attempts.

*:

OK now we have to shade it... this is a custom shade i made for cevs head, because most of cevs head is dark gray, and the middle is black... so this covers everything that needs to be dark gray.

(:

finally the last shading is this clever highlight and darken shade that i made... for cevs i had to then flip is horizontally to get the final result.
this step makes all the difference.

Done:

any comments are welcome.