Ranking
Original Post
On Suicide.
Warning: This post could possibly be a trigger for those who have considered, attempted, or been affected by suicide. Read on with caution.

I went back around 10 pages and found nothing on this topic. Apologies if I missed one.

Suicide is always a difficult and controversial topic, and I'm wondering about what your opinions of it are; specifically, I wanted your opinions whether it is a person's natural right to end their own lives and, further than just human rights, whether or not it is moral to do so.

I believe that it is a basic human right and, in times of great suffering, it is an acceptable thing to do. It seems rather selfish to me that anyone could believe that they have the authority to tell a person that they must live and are not permitted to kill themselves. Inherent in the right to live is also the right to cease living should you decide that you no longer want to. And, like other rights, the right to life is one that can be waived. Yes, I understand that, in some cases, is painful to the person's family and potential friends, yet I fail to see how this is more important than that person's desire to end their life. If their life conditions are bad enough to warrant the desire for such a drastic measure to change it, then it makes sense to me that suicide is an acceptable means of stopping the pain.
~ [Fa]mily~
"You may have Downs, but you get me up." - Hucota7
In my opinion its selfish to commit suicide.
If you have like a lot of friends then your putting them in the situation,how do you think they will feel,same for your family I'm pretty sure your parents wouldn't say "Oh he/she had a good reason".I don't think its unacceptable I think its dumb and selfish.Why commit suicide because of a problem,sure things can get pretty bad but think about the 3rd world countries where there is no food or health support.You don't see them killing themselves.But point here is there is really no good reason at all to kill yourself.
damn im gettin old
In my opinion suicideing is the pussy way out of life bullying is not ok but stand up for yourself ..
I was bullied and drove to attempt suicide many times but I had friends who saved me
I had to go to a mental hospital for months and then therapy..
But from being bullied I became a therapist myself..
I was my therapists assistant because she didn't have experience with bullying so I became her assistant but she gave me fully run of her building after awhile my point is that bullying isn't alright but if you deal with it good things can happen rather then end your life and just have no future ..
#Foxy
Originally Posted by Velair View Post
If you have like a lot of friends then your putting them in the situation,how do you think they will feel,same for your family I'm pretty sure your parents wouldn't say "Oh he/she had a good reason".I don't think its unacceptable I think its dumb and selfish.Why commit suicide because of a problem,sure things can get pretty bad but think about the 3rd world countries where there is no food or health support.You don't see them killing themselves.But point here is there is really no good reason at all to kill yourself.

You think its selfish? There are many people who have been abused, scared, and have no hope. Why would they choose to continue suffering? Children in africa starve to death. Hundreds of thousands. Dont you think some of them commit suicide, to let their families have more food? Sometimes it is appropriate to commit suicide, sometimes not.

Originally Posted by Monkeyfrog View Post
In my opinion suicideing is the pussy way out of life bullying is not ok but stand up for yourself ..
I was bullied and drove to attempt suicide many times but I had friends who saved me
I was my therapists assistant because she didn't have experience with bullying so I became her assistant but she gave me fully run of her building after awhile my point is that bullying isn't alright but if you deal with it good things can happen rather then end your life and just have no future ..

Some kids dont have friends to help them, and their parents dont give a sh*t about them. What would you do, if you got bullied every day at school, then came home to your parents hitting you, and maybe even sexually abuse you. How would you feel? You have no freedom, no freedom of speech. No way to release the mental wounds. Soon those mental wounds turn into cuts on your arms. The cuts on your arms turn into a slit on your neck. I have had friends like this. Even lost one. She is better off in the grave than being tortured for the rest of her life.
Last edited by PVPPRO; May 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM.
"People should not be afraid of their governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people."
Velair, people who kill themselves don't take the choice likely. Can you even imagine what it's like to be in a situation where suicide seems to you to be the best choice?

Most suicides are preventable, it's a tragedy when it occurs. But you shouldn't look at it as just a selfish choice. When someone commits suicide it indicates a failure of those around them and the society they live in.
I personally don't think that you can call it selfish in any way. But I do think its wrong for people to call it the easy way out. I know depressed, emo, and just suicidal people. They're like that for a reason. If they choose to end their life it could end suffering they don't want to go through, but - that doesn't mean you should ignore someone like that. It just means you should pay more attention and give them support through it all.

ps - internet makes me suicidal
Last edited by hobo; May 31, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
Originally Posted by Velair View Post

I can see why it could be percieved as being selfish; it seems equally selfish to me that people would want a person to live in pain so that the other people dont have to be hurt.

Originally Posted by Monkeyfrog View Post

First off, im glad you managed to deal with your bullying problem well. However there is much more to suicide than bullying. Not every problem can be solved as neatly as yours appears tobhave been, and for some there is no other choice.
~ [Fa]mily~
Originally Posted by PVPPRO View Post
You think its selfish?

1.Some kids dont have friends to help them, and their parents dont give a sh*t about them. 2.What would you do, if you got bullied every day at school, then came home to your parents hitting you, and maybe even sexually abuse you. 3.How would you feel?4. You have no freedom, 5.no freedom of speech. 6.No way to release the mental wounds. Soon those mental wounds turn into cuts on your arms. 7.The cuts on your arms turn into a slit on your neck.8. I have had friends like this. 9.Even lost one. 10.She is better off in the grave than being tortured for the rest of her life.

1.i was lucky I had friend
2.i did and I was raped that's why I'm homosexual...
3. The same way I feel now
4.you make freedom
5. You speak up
6. Therapy
7. I have cuts on my arms,chest,stomach, wrists
8. Me too
9.i lost a couple friends to depression
10. Don't ever say that no one is ever better off in a grave ..
From a Christian prospective people who suicide is a sin it's not right ...
(Match the numbers in the quote)
Last edited by Monkeyfrog; May 31, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
#Foxy
Ok, suicide is stupid but people do choose what they want to do with themselves. If they want to die let them, just don't be no stupid ass chick like the girl who killed herself after making a youtube video. That bitch deserved to die anyway.

Do not fucking tell me that you cannot overpower the shit..
I was picked on, I was hated, I was pushed away from my family, and I thought I never would have anyone..
i lived 6 years of my life on my own, no one to talk to, no one liked me... I attempted so many times to kill myself, but know what, I AM GLAD I DIDN'T. I had the balls and the power unlike most stupid people then to kill myself.
Now look at me, I got a beautiful girl, my own mother is proud of me same with my dad, and I have tons of friends. Plus, I am about to be in the Marines.
Do not tell me you cannot overpower bullyness, that is stupid. Look at me..
-----
Plus, that's why I strive for attention. I never had it as a kid/pre-teen, but now that I am getting it, I want more to fix what it was like as a kid. That's why.
Last edited by Deakster; May 31, 2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Deakster View Post
Ok, suicide is stupid but people do choose what they want to do with themselves. If they want to die let them, just don't be no stupid ass chick like the girl who killed herself after making a youtube video. That bitch deserved to die anyway.

Do not fucking tell me that you cannot overpower the shit..
I was picked on, I was hated, I was pushed away from my family, and I thought I never would have anyone..
i lived 6 years of my life on my own, no one to talk to, no one liked me... I attempted so many times to kill myself, but know what, I AM GLAD I DIDN'T. I had the balls and the power unlike most stupid people then to kill myself.
Now look at me, I got a beautiful girl, my own mother is proud of me same with my dad, and I have tons of friends. Plus, I am about to be in the Marines.
Do not tell me you cannot overpower bullyness, that is stupid. Look at me..

I'm gonna have to ask you to not make blatantly offensive and idiotic statements such as "That bitch deserved to die anyway.

I understand that, in many cases, bullying is a solvable problem that can be overcome with help. Not every case is like this. Not everyone has help and support nor the mental strength to so it alone. Additionally, im not sure why bullying is being focused on by you and others. Many other reasons exist, and i would consider several of them more.....well, for lack of a better word, legitimate reasons than bullying.
~ [Fa]mily~