Ranking
Well... Even though I will never commit suicide, sometimes it is pussy because they THINK there life is bad but it is actually a normal/good life

But sometimes they commit suicide because they are suffering... For example...

There was an handicap man that was in pain, he could not walk, move some of his limbs, and he could not talk like normal people, this is how I remember it... He asked his life to be put down, but they denied it, so he starved himself to death, basically people commit suicide because they think it is the only way to get out of there problems, this is my thought about it

Even though it is not right, people do it anyway
I'm ready for my daily dose of cringe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'll take a stab at this. I know countless people who have struggled through severe depression and or suicidal thoughts. Some have even go to the extent to actually commit suicide, but I'd rather not speak on that. I've also experienced various degrees of depression in my life, but not to the degree of some of my friends and people I've met.

Us guys here in Oblivion actually had a long discussion about this topic, although it was more just talking about our experiences/our friends experiences with it. but for the sake of what you'd like to discuss, I won't go into any farther detail.

Is Suicide an ethical option?: I don't think suicide would be what some would call "ethical", but I do believe it can be truely necessary (I'm using this word somewhat reluctantly) in some situations, and the decision would be up to the person experiencing these problems. The thing is, in the worst cases, usually the person contemplating suicide doesn't have some place/somewhere to go. So it's quite simply pretty silly to discuss what they do, because there is nothing we can change about that sadly.

Is suicide selfish?: No. But I agree with what Kitten stated on that matter. This is the common thought from people who have no experience with severe depression.

I'm sorry to hear about all of that monkey, I'm glad you got the help you needed. And Deak, I see your point, but some of those statements you made were offensive and unnecessary. In fact, there are many, many very intelligent people(More intelligent than yourself, no matter how ridiculous that may seem) who contemplate or commit suicide, and some of the issue even becomes a matter of an existential crisis. I know this from speaking to a couple close friends of mine.

I would go more in depth, but I'm quite tired and need to get some rest.
[i]nquisition
nothing much

You will never have the same opinion or understand someone who wants to kill himself untill you will feel the need to do it for yourself. ;)
Originally Posted by Deakster View Post
I was picked on, I was hated, I was pushed away from my family, and I thought I never would have anyone..
i lived 6 years of my life on my own, no one to talk to, no one liked me... I attempted so many times to kill myself, but know what, I AM GLAD I DIDN'T. I had the balls and the power unlike most stupid people then to kill myself.
Now look at me, I got a beautiful girl, my own mother is proud of me same with my dad, and I have tons of friends. Plus, I am about to be in the Marines.
Do not tell me you cannot overpower bullyness, that is stupid. Look at me..
-----
Plus, that's why I strive for attention. I never had it as a kid/pre-teen, but now that I am getting it, I want more to fix what it was like as a kid. That's why.

Watch out, we got a cis-privileged badass over here!

He overcame bullying and you can too!
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
I'm gonna have to ask you to not make blatantly offensive and idiotic statements such as "That bitch deserved to die anyway.

I understand that, in many cases, bullying is a solvable problem that can be overcome with help. Not every case is like this. Not everyone has help and support nor the mental strength to so it alone. Additionally, im not sure why bullying is being focused on by you and others. Many other reasons exist, and i would consider several of them more.....well, for lack of a better word, legitimate reasons than bullying.

There is something I noticed in my life though. If people who went through that I did, did what I did by not killing themselves, would grow up to be the following:
A outcast to life, a person who just wants to be left alone alot, and is always shy to talk and meet other people. They wait for the person to come to them before they become talkitive with others around them.(Like my girl... I had to get a homie to tell her to talk to me, because I did not have the will power to talk to her on my own).
A person who tries their best to fit in, and strives for attention. Try to get back what they never received as a child/pre-teen.

Trust me, it is true. I know 3 people who grew up with the same shit that I did, and they do everything I just listed. You can tell by how someone acts if they was bullied or not. It's not hard, you can tell if someone went to the point of suicidal, but fought back.

As I stated earlier, the people who do kill themselves just didn't have the power at all, and died as a weak soul, as a weak person for not conquering their problems like I did.
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
You will never have the same opinion or understand someone who wants to kill himself untill you will feel the need to do it for yourself. ;)

Exactly this.

Hi, person with Major Depressive Disorder and severe anxiety.

This is an uneasy thing to think about 24/7. I don't know why I think about it but I can not stop myself from thinking about it. If you say suicide is the cowards way out, you should first experience what I go through. This shit is tough, thinking about things you don't even want to think about and not getting able to get rid of the thought.

When you feel like a worthless piece of shit and moap around all day, everything just gets to you. You can only control it for so long before you want to crack.

I'm currently in therapy and seeking help. This is just ranting but I'll post more when I'm not occupied by things.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Personally, it's been in the back of my mind. It doesn't seem like a bad idea if I'm unhappy with my life and there's no possible positive outcome, but for now, I have my whole life ahead of me and I'm going to make the most out of it. Call me desensetized, but I see no problem with committing suicide if you truly believe that it's the best choice for you.
Also,

Originally Posted by Monkeyfrog View Post
1.i was lucky I had friend
You think everyone who commits suicide has friends who support them?
2.i did and I was raped that's why I'm homosexual...
Must've meant you've always been homosexual, genes determine that.
3. The same way I feel now
Not everyone has the same feelings as you.
4.you make freedom
Not everyone does.
5. You speak up
Not everyone lives in countries that permit freedom of speech
6. Therapy
ok
7. I have cuts on my arms,chest,stomach, wrists
:|
8. Me too
ok
9.i lost a couple friends to depression
ok
10. Don't ever say that no one is ever better off in a grave ..
From a Christian prospective people who suicide is a sin it's not right ...
Going to avoid a religious argument, but don't assume everyone on the planet is Christian.

Replies in bold. Your statements regarding others who kill themselves who you claim to be selfish are pretty much closed-minded, ignorant, and bigoted.
Last edited by Daxx; May 31, 2013 at 04:38 PM.
Originally Posted by Saint View Post

I have felt this way before tons of times. I even used to result in drugs to solve my problem and got sent to Rehab for it which was a joke.
I tried multiple times to kill myself, It's not easy at all.

the reason is I don't have any friends where I am and Tennessee is the most fucked up place. I never had a girlfriend because theres so many young prositutes, sluts and cheaters , I'm the good kind of guy that can pick out a girl that is very caring and does the right thing, and so many sluts here bully me because I'm not the bad boy type. if i was the bad boy type i would have all the sluts here .

also suicide isn't stupid. I'm not saying you should suicide but people say "stand up for yourself" well if you stand up for yourself then you go to jail which is pretty fucked up. like if someone hit you or trys to stab you with a knife then you go to jail to if you fight back. that why theres suicide. no one can help them with their problems cause of a downside if you try to get help
GUYS I AM A HUGE IGNORANT ASSHOLE WHO SUPPORTS EUGENICS GIVE ME SUPPORT FOR BEING BETTER THAN OTHERS PLEASE
Last edited by Chozo; Jun 1, 2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump