ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Shut down] [RSFSoT] The Realistic-Setting Fighting School of Toribash

Welcome to the Realistic-Setting Fighting School of Toribash, or RSFSoT.
http://rsfsot.weebly.com
This organization is designed to aid players who lack experience in realistic gravity, dismemberment/fracture resistance, etc. It is taught to players by players.
This Dojo is run by Rad619619. Contact him or a high-ranking teacher on this thread for questions.

We were, are, and will be always open to hiring teachers as well as well as taking new students. If you believe you can teach combat in these settings or you graduate with flying colors, you will be allowed to prove your skills (not necessarily beat one of our teachers but actually KNOW what and how to teach) and may teach classes to ready students for the way Toribash was meant to be played.

We do not believe in focus on opening moves.
We do not believe in -9.82 gravity. It is unrealistic and no real fight has ever resembled a fight in this setting.
We do not believe in 100 dismemberment threshold. Your limbs are NOT attached with a single strand of scotch tape, if they were chances are you wouldn't have the arms to play this game.

Instead, we will teach you how to fight properly. You won't fall apart like a soggy origami bird nor will you fly like a paper airplane. Instead, you will be able to incorporate real fighting techniques through short turns and realism.
We believe in 500 dismemberment threshold. Ask yourself this question, "could I rip off someone's head in real as easily as in Toribash?"
We believe in 300 fracture threshold. It can be achieved through great body control and knowledge of the techniques we teach. While it is common in any other mode, in a realistic fight breaking someone's limb is truly a feat and sign of mastery.
We believe in -32 gravity. Although -9.82 is absurd, -30 seems like a good estimate but not quite there.
We believe in big rings (1000, circular) and DQtimeout (50). Just because you fall on your knee right before a jump does not mean you are defeated. However, if you are beaten to the ground and can't pick yourself back up or you get up only to be knocked down for a prolonged period of time again, you are truly defeated.
We believe in 2000-count rounds. Only disqualification or surrender will save you from a fight, no true fight (except in certain sports) has ever been so dishonorably interrupted as by a timeout.

To apply as a teacher:
You will be tested in your knowledge of:
combat-related anatomy
combat expertise
ability to perform a skill and teach it by how and why it works rather than trying to do a turn-by-turn tutorial (those only work in one exclusive mod and only for openers)
-(a formal, uniform test will be made soon, it will be posted on the website)

To apply as a student:
You will need to complete basic introductions as well as a skill test to put you in the correct class. (You are not likely to win, but it is your usage of your Tori that is graded. Someone who fights well but loses is more welcome than someone who wins by shovels etc.)
-(a formal, uniform survey will be made soon, it will be posted on the website)

There are no fees for classes and no rewards other than satisfaction for teaching them. It is a community dojo designed to improve the experience of players.

[CENTER]

SETTINGS

The Student and Teacher Rosters have been moved to the site. They are not necessary here and are easily accessible if anyone wants to take a look.

Notice Board

In need of teachers of: Wushu (real, not game mod) , Praying Mantis / Snake Fist
The Dojo is still under construction. Lesson plans are being prepared and tested so it may be a couple days until the school is ready to educate.
Last edited by Rad619619; Jul 18, 2011 at 01:55 AM.
Sure, mind editting your post and giving some brief background on your Toribash history?
Rad, would you mind posting some replays of your skill in what you want to teach?
Or the name of your other account(s), if you have any.
I want to see what you're capable of before I make any decisions.
oh sure im going to make same new replays. an also you guys want me to give same history on my tori right?
R.i.p. white lotus(proud co-leader of icof
I actually only save replays of my fights with friends for the memories, but I have some of those if you'd like to see. I'll make sure to compile any impressive spars in these settings once the lessons start. If it's the settings themselves that you wish to test, you're welcome to download the Alpha version of our ring.
-----
Originally Posted by Rad619619 View Post
I actually only save replays of my fights with friends for the memories, but I have some of those if you'd like to see. I'll make sure to compile any impressive spars in these settings once the lessons start. If it's the settings themselves that you wish to test, you're welcome to download the Alpha version of our ring.

Actually, I'll try and get some of my friends to play with me on these settings over the next couple days to show you. I'm kind of busy atm but I'll do my best to get you plenty of footage
Last edited by Rad619619; Jun 24, 2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
-35 isn't realistic. More like -32. That corresponds with the real life acceleration of due to gravity.
Are you online right now? We could duke it out. :P
-----
And Doc's right, 35 is too heavy. It's tough to move because it's sort of like your limbs are too heavy. 32 provides a more workable amount of resistance.
Last edited by Alaistier; Jun 24, 2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Weeman01 View Post
oh sure im going to make same new replays. an also you guys want me to give same history on my tori right?

Yes, I addressed that in the last post. Just something to figure out a course for you.
-----
Originally Posted by Alaistier View Post
-----
And Doc's right, 35 is too heavy. It's tough to move because it's sort of like your limbs are too heavy. 32 provides a more workable amount of resistance.

I looked into it, 32 feels better for me too. Thanks for the feedback, it is really helpful.
-----
Originally Posted by Alaistier View Post

Sorry I was rehearsing with my band at the time of that post XD
Last edited by Rad619619; Jun 25, 2011 at 05:26 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump