Toribash
Original Post
Usually universities have major 'maps' with course requirements (core & potential electives) listed for each degree. I've thrown away the possibility of pre-med as my route, but I've made most of my way through my bachelor's in biochemistry(which many pre-med students are in). If you have general questions about workload of courses, or questions about course content in general, I can try to answer what I can. You've got me on Discord if you ever want to discuss.

What are your plans outside of school? Are you interning, working? Scribing, perhaps? Any plans on any of these?
what the fuck dude

good for you

I like how you can focus on your studies :^/ Something I'm not able to do
Keep up the good work, doc

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Med schools like diversity, go for a degree like biology and just make sure you have all the prereqs. or do premed, idk

You should be able to get a 4.0 though homie, just don't party too much

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
fantastic job!
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Good job dare keep it up.

I am a senior, going to the university next year. The university I am joining is considered on of the best in lebanon and is free. Therfor, we can't just start off with med school. First year, they accept every applicant and learn general biology (only biologie). After that year, we have exams to see who can get to med school / dentistry / nursing etc. The best in each category they apply for are accepted.

Its a very hard university and hard road to go for. Failure after this first year will lead me to a waste of 1 year of my life. However I will go for it and maybe get accepted in med school too.

The only problem I am facing is that I can't handle long hours studying. I have been getting the best grades according to wyat i have been listening to to school and thats it. I barely study (1 day before the exam), and I am affraid that will push me down a lot in university.

On average, how long do you spend studying daily at home, after uni?
Thank you!

I am actually the opposite of you. I have great thinking skills that make chemistry and math easier for me. However, I find memorising stuff just bit hard, so I need to work on that.

Good luck kn your journey

Ps. How many years is med school? And what about getting specialized in a major? (Brain surgery, heart surgery, kids med, etc...)
I'm actually curious, what method of classes does your college have?

I had to pass a propaedeutic year. A year with "boosted" high school disciplines and English — it works as a selection year for the best students. Which looks like the same you're going through right now.

After propaedeutic year, the method of classes changes to (pbl) problem based learning... and welcome to Medicine year 1.

At my university it's like,
Propaedeutic year also called 0 year + 6 years it's the full course.

Year 1 and 2 - non clinic phase, where you learn the normal human physiology and anatomy.

Year 3 and 4 - clinic phase, where you learn human physiopathology and communication skills a.k.a anamnesis.
You can also attend patients if your college has a private clinic.

Year 5 and 6 - clinical clerkship, you'll have different rotations in a hospital, 2 months for each iirc.
The "easiest" years, since the doctors at the hospital won't try to fail you at every chance possible, unless you're an irresponsible dumbass or try to play the smart guy and start a war with nurses.

Ah there's also the "final" final exam to get your title as member of your country's secret and exclusive physicians order.
I'm a Verified Toricredits Seller & Marketeer!
I'm interested in seeing how this goes. Haven't gone to college as I've done trade school for electricians for 2 years.

A lot of hospitals have certain programs specifically tailored for whatever your situation is. While you're still in uni, ask some people in a hospital near you and tell them what your situation is and see if they have a program for someone like you. It's what one of my cousins have done and it really helped them through medical school.

If you haven't shadowed already, do it. You learn a lot more in the thick of it.
what branch of medicine are you aiming for? pharmacology and neuroscience are interesting and useful, so is chem and organic chem, but those are less useful for practicing medicine.
personally the only interesting thing in medicine is anesthesiology, it can be quite lucrative as well, I have family that specialized in working with pregnant women (mo' risk mo' money) and by age 40 they dont really have to do jack shit anymore and just make dat money move
-----
i mean, dont you have to study bio and biochem do be a decent doc anyway? that shit is just essential
-----
I dont know shit about uni because im a degenerate but if you study computer science along with any other feild it opens up a huge amount of extremely lucrative opportunities for you, id recommend atleast taking an intro to programming class to see if you have the head for talking to computrs (most people dont) but if you do it is easy and fun and will lead to good things even if med school falls through
Last edited by RAAAGE; Aug 18, 2019 at 10:58 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
That’s impressive. Have any current medical experience? Your GPA is for sure enough to make it into a school.

I would recommend finding a premed adviser at your uni if you haven’t already, but other than that, study hard in P&A :S.

Also, I love watching Dr. Mike on yt. Kind of a neat inspiration for med students and doctors.

Just went up and read your newer posts lol. Are you interested in a DO or an MD? And awesome work man!
-----
What do you volunteer at? I volunteered in the er, did some infection control and reception work too.
Last edited by Greg; Jan 12, 2020 at 12:06 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO