ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Tonfa mod
I've been a long time lurker on the boards, thought I'd make my first post count (...I hope )

Back in the 2.4 days, I made this tonfa mod (heavily inspired on and using some material from Elliot's Battle Axe mod), mainly because I wanted a non-instagib weapon that still packed a punch.
For info on tonfa, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonfa

Contract the wrists to spin the tonfa outward. Combined with the elbows, pecs and chest this can cause considerable damage. Also, I find that the added weight adds more power to spinning kicks and the like.

I've asked Uke to lie down for the picture ;)
Tori's right arm is in starting position, his left has been contracted at elbow and wrist.

One more thing... There's always room for improvement, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. How could I use the new 2.5 modding options to improve upon my design?

Edit: In response to DeadorK's feedback, added "wooden" tonfa... Enjoy!
Edit: Added defensive mod, updated steel and wood with new alt_sides, now we have... sticky tonfa?
Re: Tonfa mod
Nice. Be good if the tonfa's werent metal.
<Hector|Bday> for 3k tc
<Hector|Bday> I sold a photo of shit
Kinda cool, though the Tonfa is a hard weapon to use even in real life. It seems more like a defensive weapon to me, have it swiveled to cover your forearms and use it to block. I saw Tonfa used in the Ruroni Kenshin series but the guy using them got smacked around. Part of the problem is a lack of control over how far the wrist rotates. The majority of the Tonfa's damaging potential comes from the centripetal force of spinning.
Like my head? Get one yourself at http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=252156
Dude for a New guy ... YOUR AWESOME :P! its not like those guys who makes all there mod based on something that already exist... WoW nice...
Je fixe les gens même lorsqu'ils s'en appercoivent...

Blame the fact that english is not my default language of communication...
I'd make them cylindrical, tonfa aren't box shaped.
Don't take life too seriously, you never get out of it alive anyways.
pretty much the effective way to use tonfas is like seperated nunchucks. Maintain rotation for centripetal force and use fast, repeated strikes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then
<Ownzilas> Half PID's dick.

I've done some updating to the first post, new defensive variation added...

In response to your answers:
-Thanks for caressing my ego, kRoKz ;)

-COM(B)AT, I don't think making them cylindrical is really worth the effort... TB isn't exactly realistic anyway, and I don't think it'd matter much effect-wise (or would it? I'm not quite sure...)

-Elliot, the TonfaDefense mod, is that what you had in mind?

- PlayerID666, I was thinking for rapid successive strikes, the mods could benefit from some more friction... At this time of night I'm not gonna experiment with it, if you add a line to the file with "friction x" (without the quotes, and where x is any positive number, default is 1), you might get some nice results... If you're gonna try, be sure to tell me and I'll post some updated versions...
Originally Posted by Skazz
-COM(B)AT, I don't think making them cylindrical is really worth the effort... TB isn't exactly realistic anyway, and I don't think it'd matter much effect-wise (or would it? I'm not quite sure...)

you asked how to use the new 2.5 modding ablities in this mod, and makeing them cylindrical would require that you rotate it 90 degrees
but if you don't want to bother i could do it for you

i like the mod and the overall idea
Originally Posted by MrPoptart
you asked how to use the new 2.5 modding ablities in this mod, and makeing them cylindrical would require that you rotate it 90 degrees
but if you don't want to bother i could do it for you

i like the mod and the overall idea

I'd be honored if you'd make the cylindrical version, ô great guru of mods ^^ I could learn a lot from your work...
I've tried working with cylinders before, but they always turn out huge, unwieldy, and usually deadly within one press of the space bar
What's the deal with those things?