people playing: 67, servers online: 21, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: imapirate

Toribash Community » General » Rapid Threads
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 6, 2014   #1
jusmi

2nd Dan Black Belt

Compiled list of Art Programs for Texturing
Okay, so it seems like there is a new "What Art Program should I use" thread every week, so I figured I'd go ahead and make a list of Art Programs you can choose from with a bit of info about them.

Most commonly used for Textures:
Photoshop - One of the most powerful Art programs out there, and is well suited for creating Toribash textures.
Gimp - A powerful and easy to use Art program, also the free alternative to Photoshop. I use it, personally.

Free Art Programs:
Krita - A lightweight Art program with quite a few nifty features. A mixture of Gimp and Pain Tool SAI
Gimp
- A powerful and easy to use Art program, also the free alternative to Photoshop. I use it, personally
Paint.NET - An old, but reliable Art program. Slightly less powerful than gimp, but able to get what you want done.
SumoPaint - Both usable in your browser and on your desktop. Comes with nice features for the free version, and is rather easy to use.
Project Dogwaffle - A program with similarities that of ArtRage and Painter.
Artweaver - A lightweight Art program with commendable features, and a rather neat collaboration feature.
openCanvas - Designed with tablet users in mind, easy to use, and straight to the point.

Non-Free Art Programs:
Photoshop - One of the most powerful Art programs out there, and is well suited for creating Toribash textures.
Coral Painter- Abundent traditional Art features, amazing brush engine, etc, etc.
ArtRage - Another amazing brush engine that emulates traditional tools. 80J4N uses it 8 D
Paint Tool SAI - Popular for a lot of particular artist. Great brush engine for mixing and stabilization. Used by Chris.
SketchBook - The standard for a lot of big companies. Has unique features, and a brush engine similar to Photoshop. Used by Jebus.
Adobe Illustrator - An powerful Art program from the same company as Photoshop with built in tutorials.

3D Art Programs:
Mudbox - Digital painting and digital sculpting software. Expensive, but it's free for students.
Zbrush - 3D Art software for painting and sculpting with powerful features and intuitive workflow. 795 $
Blender 3D - Free 3D Art program with great features and an amazing community.

Tip - Remember before picking a program that no matter which you use, It won't make you a better Artist, you have to put in the time and effort of learning artistic skills to produce better art.
Done with this community, you guys suck.

Last edited by Mathias; Dec 10, 2014 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: Updating
jusmi is offline   Reply With Quote