Toribash
I don't agree with being professional all day every day, we don't get paid for this, we do it in our free time, and irc is generally the place we hang out on our break. It's kind of like a chef being fired for burning something at his house, or something. :z

Secondly, i do agree that the punishment was too harsh, clearly the majority of the br community took no offense to rittu's discussion in the school shooting thread, and most of the ones that did, probably couldn't understand most of what he was saying.

Thirdly, this kind of makes me worried, if i'm to slip up at all during anything im doing, toribash related or not, am i to be fired as well? Imo, this was just a case of a few members of the staff not liking/agreeing with rittu's methods, and locating a way to oust him from the staff.

Also the people who decided this did so on a whim, it took only 10 or so minutes for two people to decide to remove them, with one person(me) on the other side of the debate, but they seemed pretty determined to remove him, pushing anything i had to say about it to the side :|

This seriously makes me want to leave, but i do enjoy what i do in the market, and i really wouldn't trust it to any of the current higher ups, probably only hanz0.

also, cocks.

[T]
#hi

Originally Posted by Ishi View Post
I don't agree with being professional all day every day, we don't get paid for this, we do it in our free time, and irc is generally the place we hang out on our break. It's kind of like a chef being fired for burning something at his house, or something. :z

Secondly, i do agree that the punishment was too harsh, clearly the majority of the br community took no offense to rittu's discussion in the school shooting thread, and most of the ones that did, probably couldn't understand most of what he was saying.

Thirdly, this kind of makes me worried, if i'm to slip up at all during anything im doing, toribash related or not, am i to be fired as well? Imo, this was just a case of a few members of the staff not liking/agreeing with rittu's methods, and locating a way to oust him from the staff.

Also the people who decided this did so on a whim, it took only 10 or so minutes for two people to decide to remove them, with one person(me) on the other side of the debate, but they seemed pretty determined to remove him, pushing anything i had to say about it to the side :|

This seriously makes me want to leave, but i do enjoy what i do in the market, and i really wouldn't trust it to any of the current higher ups, probably only hanz0.

also, cocks.

No dont leave.

But seriously i understand what you mean, you are saying that if you do any small thing wrong, then you could be reprimanded extremely harshly for some small thing that went on. This really frustrates me.
Making an organization that denounces Brazilians as sentient lifeforms. Clearly the aggressive response shows that their mental development hasn't proceeded further than a flight-or-fight instinct.

Deal with it.
Originally Posted by Jalis View Post
Making an organization that denounces Brazilians as sentient lifeforms. Clearly the aggressive response shows that their mental development hasn't proceeded further than a flight-or-fight instinct.

Deal with it.

Says the guy who constantly trolls.

When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
I'd like to start by saying that the below quote was posted by somebody who has no idea what he's talking about and could not possibly be affected, as he has no sort of power to speak of and so could not be demoted because of a small slip-up.
Originally Posted by Bloob View Post
This really frustrates me.

Now that that's out of the way:

The post in the school shooting thread was not racist. Brazilians dying is in no way any more tragic than anybody else dying. I agree with everything that rittu posted. An incident was preventable and people died as a result of it; this happens all the time. Everywhere, all over the world. How many threads have you seen about school shootings in America? The rest of the world? People were not discussing anything; they were all saying something to the effect of 'oh, what a terrible thing to happen to brazil'. rittu's post turned the thread into a discussion (guess which board it was in), which I must say was a more involved (= better admin-y) action than simply closing it.
Racism on IRC is a given. Do you see everyone getting demoted for using words like 'nigger' in #toribash? #support, even? No. Things like 'BRBRBRBRBR', 'blblblblbl' and 'HUEUHEUSHAUHESHUAES' have been used for a very long time. I've seen just about every current staff member (and a few ex-staff members) take part in discourse which could be considered racist, if you couldn't take a joke. IRC is an efficient way of having moderative/administrative actions performed on the forums (eg asking for a thread's name to be changed), but beyond that it has always been an almost entirely separate means of communication.
Telling people to speak English in wibbles is fair enough; this is an English-speaking forum and personally I'd like to be able to read everything on it. There are clans which speak different languages, and that's fine. They can speak their languages there. They don't have to leak out into the rest of the community. Again, there is nothing racist about telling people to speak the language that the forum itself speaks.
I was also told about rittu forgetting to change somebody's name. Guess what country they were from? Brazil. What a horrible person rittu must be, to forget somebody who was from Brazil. Only a perfectly horrid bastard could forget to perform one of hundreds of actions to be performed in the daily life of any good forum administrator.
rittu was a good administrator. He was active and he got shit done. His removal was pretty unjustified, unless there was another underlying motive (and I'm fairly certain there's not).

Not that anyone cares about my opinion.

also
Originally Posted by Gorman

Originally Posted by Pedant View Post
I'd like to start by saying that the below quote was posted by somebody who has no idea what he's talking about and could not possibly be affected, as he has no sort of power to speak of and so could not be demoted because of a small slip-up.

The post in the school shooting thread was not racist. Brazilians dying is in no way any more tragic than anybody else dying. I agree with everything that rittu posted. An incident was preventable and people died as a result of it; this happens all the time. Everywhere, all over the world. How many threads have you seen about school shootings in America? The rest of the world? People were not discussing anything; they were all saying something to the effect of 'oh, what a terrible thing to happen to brazil'. rittu's post turned the thread into a discussion (guess which board it was in), which I must say was a more involved (= better admin-y) action than simply closing it.
Racism on IRC is a given. Do you see everyone getting demoted for using words like 'nigger' in #toribash? #support, even? No. Things like 'BRBRBRBRBR', 'blblblblbl' and 'HUEUHEUSHAUHESHUAES' have been used for a very long time. I've seen just about every current staff member (and a few ex-staff members) take part in discourse which could be considered racist, if you couldn't take a joke. IRC is an efficient way of having moderative/administrative actions performed on the forums (eg asking for a thread's name to be changed), but beyond that it has always been an almost entirely separate means of communication.
Telling people to speak English in wibbles is fair enough; this is an English-speaking forum and personally I'd like to be able to read everything on it. There are clans which speak different languages, and that's fine. They can speak their languages there. They don't have to leak out into the rest of the community. Again, there is nothing racist about telling people to speak the language that the forum itself speaks.
I was also told about rittu forgetting to change somebody's name. Guess what country they were from? Brazil. What a horrible person rittu must be, to forget somebody who was from Brazil. Only a perfectly horrid bastard could forget to perform one of hundreds of actions to be performed in the daily life of any good forum administrator.
rittu was a good administrator. He was active and he got shit done. His removal was pretty unjustified, unless there was another underlying motive (and I'm fairly certain there's not).

also

Legitimately the best post in this retarded thread.
[18:04:54] <aracoon> Eureka is a powerhungry fag
[13:13] <Eureka> also dota is kinda for pigfuckers
[13:13] <jalis> ban eureka
[13:13] <jalis> thanks

Says the guy WHO TOOK MY VOID ((((

I joke I joke, its a joke. It's all the bad thing i could think of about you :3
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Imsiku View Post
silly bloob. i let imsku use my acco and therefor i am responsible for the posts he makes with it

edit: didnt read other posts, fee already said this
-----
man i'm so ashamed that a retard like bloob is standing up for me

Again, siku makes another account. And apparently he doesnt like me because i was trying to help.
/me claps

Thumbsup.

Originally Posted by Pedant

You're right in that they were not discussing it all that much, but you're wrong to say it can't be discussed simply because it happens all the time. Same debate I had in that thread with rittu, actually.

I'm going to stop here and tell you I've never seen a staff member be so blatantly prejudiced to a person's face. Yes, there's the typical mockery of russians and brazilians and the way new people from these communities communicate, but there's never been "get out you stupid Brazilian" before. And it's incredibly unprofessional. Of course nobody's demanding that administrators be perfect, but abusing a community like that was a pretty surefire way to piss people off. Admins are supposed to be role models, not tyrants.

Agreed, Brazilians with poor English misinterpreted this.

I heard nothing of this and judging from the OBPT threads it has absolutely nothing to do with anything, including the Brazilian's outrage. Not sure where you heard this, though it is a ridiculous accusation.
It seemed to me like the original controversy started when siku said some incredibly offensive things in a Discussion thread and in IRC, and then rittu supposedly agreed to unban him. 'Cept rittu never did, so it seems a little strange that the Brazilians would jump on that.

Actually one of the other given reasons was a pretty low level of activity in comparison with other admins.

Since when has that stopped anyone in this board? ;o

also

Double thumbsup.

I think a (possibly temporary) demotion to smod is about fair.
Last edited by Boredpayne; Apr 12, 2011 at 09:56 PM.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Shouldn't this topic belong to the Complaint Box?
I mean it's a complaint about staff banning someone, and Off-Topic seems to (or should in my opinion) be for not toribash related stuff.
RT is for questions where you don't get a specific answer, like "Who is the best toribash player?".
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=199824

Also, about racism.
Isn't racism when one acts like "You're black, you don't get the job!" or "You're Asian, I guess you can do that."?
I have like no idea what rittu said or did, did he ban random Brazilians?

Originally Posted by Imsiku View Post
man i'm so ashamed that a retard like bloob is standing up for me

Lol'd.