ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Wushu revival
So, as is it looks, Wushu is apparently dead.

What do you guys think would be the best way to revive it?

I know mushu has taken a lot of popularity since the start. But, it's a ridiculous form of wushu. It's like comparing twinswords to aikido. While, you can consider greykido a more evolved or maybe fun version of the mod aikido while keeping the competitive nature.

Maybe we can find a few ways to put back wushu to where it deserves to be.

My suggestions would be:

-New mod: wushu3dome seems good enough. But, maybe we can discuss a few aspects of improvement. For example, you cannot see your player at certain camera angles. Is it possible to make your dome transparent or not? The length of the frames is debatable as well.

I haven't followed up with the new mod additions. But, I don't know if there is a lot of new things that we can do now? Maybe having matches with "first to score" would eliminate the incentive to run! Little stuff like that.

-Elite players: I think one of the bad influences on wushu's state is the lack of good players putting up these nasty streaks anymore. Almost everyone has lost interest. Or, if not, they are so few and scattered. In the old days, public rooms would be filled with good players, and everyone was willing to wait for their chance! I don't know how we can solve this. Obviously, we can't pull old players outside of their cage, but maybe we can do something to make it easier for them to come back.

A constant wushu server sponsered by teamwushu or something like that.

I don't know, it's just ideas flowing through my head.

I'll post more if I get more ideas.

I hope someone cares enough. I will still play casually, but it's hard to find interest when there are literally no wushu players in the public room or anywhere everytime I log in
Your messed up world enthrills me
Invade,

I used to love playing wushu in my noob days, you're right it's dead but are you sure it's the mod or the game? All of these legendary wushu players barley play anymore and when they do they play against noobs smash them get bored of winning and hop off for another nine years, there is no fun match ups anymore. I am not a mod maker but I was thinking of a wushu with pillars like the mod kickapoo. But if you touch the pillars you dq so it prevents running and keeps matches going faster. Just a thought but I would love to see this mod come back.
Wushu needs it's own community again (something like Team Wushu but perhaps different restrictions on gameplay). Because of the low grav and the comeback "problem" there should still be an organization that could show the way on playing the mod with grace. I'm not sure how to make it appealing right now though, considering the player count for this game itself has plummeted in the past couple of years. As far as oldschool or skilled players go, since wushu has lost it's popularity in general then i think most newer players will find their influence meaningless most of the time. So much time has passed that i think we shouldn't focus so much on bringing old players back who clearly have moved on from this soulless game, but rather finding and making new legendary players who on the off-chance might be interested in getting good in this mod. But again, right now getting good at wushu isn't rewarding at all (except emotionally :d ) since it isn't really a commonly played mod in competitive matches (as far as i know anyway).

This might all sound negative but i'm actually all for a wushu community, it's better than nothing right now. But compared to abd,tk or whatever is currently most played, it will always be on the background. But what the hell, i could be wrong ;>
Last edited by k6vamees; Feb 1, 2018 at 10:11 AM. Reason: some irrelevant bits
But why's the rum gone? :v
One thing perhaps worth noting and looking to get changed is that when Toribash client is opened (at least in my case//default settings) you have to scroll down to see the current public wushu room (wushu3dome). In the day and age where many millennials have the attention span of a goldfish this doesn't appear to be very helpful in getting newbies to join the room imo.

I'm happy to keep a room running from my laptop - it perhaps wouldn't be 24/7 as my internet dies after prolonged use occasionally, but it's worth some thought. I also have some TC to put into decap prizes or similar.

--------------------------------------------------------
CREATE ROOM
/join [room] (/jo) - Enter the room.
*If it does not exist it will be created and you'll become it's operator (You'll have @ in front of your nickname).

CHOOSE MOD
/set mod [mod.tbm] - Sets the mod.
You can also use /lm [mod.tbm] to have the mod changed.

RESET MATCH
/reset (/rt) - Restarts the match.

SET PASSWORD
/passwd [password] - Sets the password to protect your room from the strangers you don't want to play with.
/passwd - Removes the password and makes the room public.

SET PASSWORD (fl0w only)
/setowner [owner password] - Sets the owner password.
*This command can be suitable for hosting ingame events if you're not an ingame administrator.
/owner [owner password] - Typing a correct owner password will make you a room operator and give you @.

LOBBY & ENTRY INFORMATION
/desc [text] - Sets the description for your room that's being showed in the server list.
/motd [text] - Sets the welcome message for your room.
/centerprint [text] (/cp) - Shows the typed text in the center of every player's (who is in the same room as you) screen.

SET PRIZES
/knockoutprize [amount] - Gives the specified amount of money to the winner of the knockout mode set in the room.
/decapprize [amount] - Places the specified amount of money in decapprize pool (non-retrievable).

COMMANDS FOR CONTROLLING PLAYERS

Last edited by Deuteria; Feb 3, 2018 at 07:46 AM.
Originally Posted by k6vamees View Post
Wushu needs it's own community again (something like Team Wushu but perhaps different restrictions on gameplay). Because of the low grav and the comeback "problem" there should still be an organization that could show the way on playing the mod with grace. I'm not sure how to make it appealing right now though, considering the player count for this game itself has plummeted in the past couple of years. As far as oldschool or skilled players go, since wushu has lost it's popularity in general then i think most newer players will find their influence meaningless most of the time. So much time has passed that i think we shouldn't focus so much on bringing old players back who clearly have moved on from this soulless game, but rather finding and making new legendary players who on the off-chance might be interested in getting good in this mod. But again, right now getting good at wushu isn't rewarding at all (except emotionally :d ) since it isn't really a commonly played mod in competitive matches (as far as i know anyway).

This might all sound negative but i'm actually all for a wushu community, it's better than nothing right now. But compared to abd,tk or whatever is currently most played, it will always be on the background. But what the hell, i could be wrong ;>

Yeah, I agree with you. But, maybe we should try and do something about it.
It has to be something simple and sustainable since we don't have enormous amount of time to spend. We have some tc and some visibility. Between alpha, relaxall and fl0w...We owe that to wushu! But, I don't know what yet hahah
Your messed up world enthrills me
Maybe I should contact Odlov if we are looking for a mod maker, and what happened to striking reborn? I thought that was the replacement for team wushu. I think reviving wushu will just require our name to be big again along with relaxall and possibly Alpha if they werent so esporty. But having a server open 24/7 would work very well, especially if we have members streaking at some times of the day, people would want to defeat them so more players would come on and play, and then newer players would probably also want to learn the ways of wushu if they are unfamiliar with them.
[fl0w][Alpha][Catalyst][Submerge][Calamity][Swosh][Scourge][Colors][Neko][Miner][Kunt][deprav][Possesed][TMO-Leader][Proud Council member of TeamLenshu]
I've always seen wushu as unique when it comes down to striking mods, it's harder to move around, it's harder to land hard hitting strikes and it's easier to lose by dq, this isn't as easy to pick up on as lenshu or rk, so I suggest that Wushu is promoted as a higher challenge, something geared towards talented players, with events that are exclusive to players that are actually capable of playing a decent Wushu match.
To get in the events people would need to submit replays (wushu ofcourse), the replays get judged and the ones that are considered good enough are given the shot to win a big reward(TC,items, maybe even art)
The mod itself, classic wushu3 or brushu, In my opinion doesn't need many modifications, anyone who has played wushu for a while knows that the mod works just fine(aside from the times there are random DMS)just as long as both players are good enough to keep consistently engaging with each other, but if this mod is going to be held at a very high standard it's going to need regulation.
The one rule in wushu has always been "don't run" and to enforce this rule a referee in the event would be good enough, just as if it were a boxing match.
This whole scheme would require active help from a community and someone who is willing to invest in this project, as the rewards for winning the events would need to be worth the hassle, a major investment would be needed. We need a community to organize the events, judge the applicants and regulate the matches, maybe try to revive TW or make a new org.

TL; DR: Make exclusive wushu events with big prizes and promote it as a competitive striking mod.