Toribash
Original Post
Fastest legit decap
The one included in the 2.3 release (decapRecord.rpl) is actually a bugged 12 frame decap. Here's a legit (reproducible) 11 frame one with a little back kick punt for good measure.
Attached Files
11frameDecap.rpl (44.1 KB, 640 views)
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."
Re: Fastest legit decap
Sorry for the double post. Just bumping it, looking for official response.
I just did it myself. It's legit, but theres no way to use it in multiplayer. So it's pointless.

Demo Settings.

Contracting Neck
Right Rotating Chest
Right Bending Lumbar
Contracting Abs
Contracting Pecs
Raising Shoulders
Contracting Left Elbow
Contracting Left Wrist
Extending Glutes
Contracting Right Hip
Contracting Right Knee
Holding Left Knee

Shift-Space x5
Extending Left Wrist
Grip Left Hand

Shift-Space x2
Lowering Left Shoulder
Contracting Left Hip

Shift-Space x2
Contracting Left Wrist

Shift-Space x2
This is where the head comes off.
Pushing speed records like this gets you insight into the fastest ways to move yourself, and that's always useful, multiplayer or not. Sometimes it's that one or two frame advantage that makes the difference between you getting your torso ripped in half and getting a break that makes your opponent go limp before they can do real damage.

What's interesting for me isn't the actual lead up just prior to the decapitation, but the way the motion starts, which is a good starting point for developing effective multiplayer openers.
I had a very old topic with a bunch of the fastest dismemberments listed. I figured out each one by myself, fidgeting with different limbs to get as fast as possible without using single-frame advancements.
I revived the topic with some updates for 2.3.

Anyways, I started with a simple quick move, and modified it to be even faster. Sometimes these modifications lead me to a quick way to take off another limb. I kept doing this for a while, until it seemed the moves wouldn't get any faster.

Thats a good way to figure out fast, and effective multiplayer openers. What you're doing is the same thing, just with single-frame advancements. We're doing the same thing, but I do it in a more direct way. Actually keeping the limits of multiplayer in mind.
I mean, it's unlikely, but no one says multiplayer is bound to a minimum 10 frame advance, or a 40 or 70. On my own time, I'll use all sorts of different settings to see what I can do with various restrictions, and I learn from all of it.

In this case, Hampa challenged me to break Patrick's 12 frame record for default distance and dismemberment settings, which also used single frame advances.
Dafe broke a record. Whether its practical or not doesn't matter - He broke it. I honestly don't think its worth discussing its practicality on MP if it wasn't made to be a move.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
ERG! You are just 1 frame faster than me
Last edited by B-rad; Apr 13, 2008 at 03:40 AM.
All knowing