Ranking
Original Post
How to Create A Sucessful and flowing Tourny or comp or event
Heres my second tutorial

FAQ

Q: Whats A Competition/Tourny/Event?
A: They are player/or nabi controlled compitetions/tourny/event held for prizes etc

Q: When Should I create my own?
A: When your perfectly ready.. Planned everything Fixated And Found Server Mod Prizes Judges Refs etc.

Table Of Contents

Chap 1. Basics
Chap 2. Prizes
Chap 3. Refs
Chap 4. Date Time gmt etc
Chap 5. Servers
Chap 6.Other2

Sub Chapters

Other

Chapter 1 Basics

First of all Study Toribash's Tournys/Comps/Events Or Tastes Or HOW many players like what.. So Scroll to past competitions and see what comps had the most people..You found out lets say they like replay comps. Do not start a comp without planning it first. Some of the best people it takes weeks to sucessfully plan a event..Now You Finished Studying them and wanting to get ready to start your own.. Just cause you think your ready.. Doesnt Really Mean you are.. On my comp I started to early when i just found out how to make em.. That was a flaw.. On my orginazations list.. So that why I had to fix my comp up ALOOOOT please dont even try starting a world comp leave that to nabi

Chap 2 Prizes

Prizes.. Players Like Prizes in Comps Prizes can range from TC to Joints On Special occasians Nabi will even include Qi or toriboosters etc But rarley
Most comps have a range of prize lists from lets say
1st Place. Sosososo Torso
2nd Place. 400 tc
3rd Place 200 tc

So on And so on
I Dont Need to go into details on prizes you have commen sence do you?

Chap 3.

Refeerees For Server Comps

Your Fixated on making a comp thats like wushu based and you have to have referees for every match or hour..

Lets say

Hour 1

Dumguy1234
vs Ref Hawkinz
fartsass243

Fatass323
vs Ref Hawkinz
Chuck Norris

Hour 2

Veb
vs Ref Tonokai
Drakhir

Squid
vs Ref Tonokai
Isha

You see where i'm going On server comps refs switch between every hour..

So you dont slave the main Ref instead of switching around and giving every ref a chance at a relax and give them Breaks

Lets change the scenario..

Your the ref on a replay comp.. You have to judge every detail on every movement of the replay and make correct judgements

Chap 4 Gmt

( i dunno if this is allowed but thanks ronalds for the gmt topic)
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=20472

Chap 5.Servers

Okay Your neither a Clan leader or Co and you need a server for a comp but you have to ask someone for the use of their server but their having a clan war.. With lets say ancients and ancients servers full of dopes

The only real way of getting a comp on a server is asking before any planned events are on the server

List of servers that are ALlowing to be used temp for a comp or server event

LotA ( Pm me.. And i will be there for your comp and set to the settings you need But try to set the date on times we're not using it) LotA's Not slaves and we will not let you use our server ALL the time.. theres only one expecatation that is if theres no other servers avaliable.

Dont expect to get you ways when asking to use a server

chapter 6 Other Things

This is a sub chapter explaining some extra details when JOINING a comp

When Your wanting to join a comp Please dont ask stupid at the comp server or so.. if its nabi they will kick you and you wont get a refund so its advised to chill and wait your turn dont go like

<Ref Kai-tiger>: Next Match: Drakhir vrs Bloodude
3 mins later
<Ref Kai-tiger>: Winner Drakhir, Next match Someguyidunno124 vs 12342
<Theotherguy: COME ON FUXING KAI TIG3RZ HURRY UP WITH THOSE F***IN MATCHES OR I WILL FUXING SPAM THIS F**** A** OUTA THIS SH* WHOLE

thats a major no no on nabi held events and player held events.. it will lead to your dq outta da comp and no refund..

I know this is a small Tut but it may be helpfull for some

it covers some basics on creating tournys etc
Last edited by Bloodude; Jan 13, 2008 at 10:31 PM.
Sad to say but I'm back.
Bloodude, what do you know about comps.. have you ever ran one?

[T]
#hi

xP Eh... how funny. I'll give +rep due to the fact that it looked like it took about 20 minutes to type that. But, many spelling errors, I would rather not point them out.
idle
lolz @ fartsass243

you've only hosted 1 comp and you make a tutorial?
<PlayerID666> samule is the coolest guy around
Whats A Competition/Tourny/Event?
A: They are player/or nabi controlled compitetions/tourny/event held for prizes etc

[sarcasm] jeez, i didnt know a competition was a competition! [/sarcasm]