Ranking
Original Post
what got you into toribash and made you stay?
I have always been curious about the reasons people started playing this small and hard to play game and why we play it for so long. (and how you can still be a newb when ya joined almost 4 years ago but that's another topic)

the reason I started was because of a youtube video by nerdcubed, I instantly loved the game and wanted it so bad but I figured such a cool looking game would cost money I didn't have at the time. When I learned it was free I immediately downloaded it and played on single player due to no wifi. (I used my phones mobile hotspot to download but ran out of hotspot data for that month) Well, ofc it didn't take me long to get bored of it and stop playing, so a few months later for my birthday we did a downpayment on wifi and paid to have it installed! Then one day I decided to download tb again and try multiplayer out and well this time I fell in love with it and met a guy who was a black belt and of course he kicked my ass. Then proceded to train me and after a while when I was a blue belt I found out about clans and well then the people kept me here!
well that was a bit long XD now im interested in hearing what yall have to say about staying and joining
I first joined when in a tv-show about games, called game one, they talked about toribash.
After I saw what the great players at that time, like noweb, chezda, dafe, leyz and other nowadays legends can do, I got the motivation to become as good as them.
I played a lot during my first year, but between 2010 and 2015 I played very rarely.
Then after becoming an Evil member, I never really got inactive again.
evil Führer of Evil
When I first tried it I quit instantly, but then got bored of a game I was playing at the time and remembered about this game and got hooked.
|Evil|
I don't exist
My brother introduced me to the game in 2009, for the first few years, I just really enjoyed the game, then I came back and applied for my first clan [Evil]. I was a mega-twat back in the day and evil loved me. Evil is one of the main reasons I still play along with being staff. I still think it's really cool that I make items for the game and people really enjoy them.
okay: wow i had no clue toribash was on a tv show, doesn't seem like a game that would get much love from most people and yeah I was the same way with some of the good people I saw as a young belt like pimpkilla, lamby, and some others I can't remember the names of any more.

lucy: yeah it's really odd the few hours playing and you really gotta be motivated to stay even that long XD but after that, it turns from boring to fun

goat: when I first joined I never talked to anybody I was way too shy and shite so i was too scared to be any sort of twat XD and while I never made an item and was only es trial for a short time I found it really cool to actually host for everyone and give them better prizes then i could afford by myself!
I was looking for ragdoll physics games one day (in late 2009) and came across toribash in a video. Played it and instantly fell in love. Saw a badass replay and thought "I have to be able to do that" and started my long ass journey to becoming a slightly above average player. What kept me was the community and the endless possibilities of every match. This game is really satisfying to learn. Joined [Jungle] and made some really good friends. Stayed long enough to become leader for a while but then my computer at the time exploded (not literally) and i became super inactive and the clan died shortly after. Fast forward some months i get back into tb and Devil really pushed my to join Evil. In my mind it was Evil, Urban, or nothing. Made a application and talked with Hyde and Spartan all the time in the IRC. The rest is history

For the last few years ive only been getting ingame to goto betting rooms (i make gud bets boi, literally went from 0 to 100k tc in 1 day) and play with u guise sometimes. Lol gave me flashbacks just typing this post.
Last edited by Ryder24; Sep 25, 2018 at 10:43 PM.
The Official [Evil] Hitman
CashGod | ♫ Joven Dios ♫
biggest i ever did in a bet server was going from 10k to 150k (through mostly self bets back when i was actually above average since i cant bet on others to save my life)
Probably old thread but heck, ill answer c4t. I did similar to what you did. I had a laptop with no wifi, I would piggyback off of networks with no security and play through there. Then the internet would drop, but eventually, I got internet and started to play more frequently, I learned about texture sets and loved art during that time and started to draw more. I joined a clan and enjoyed making art for them. Eventually, my grades were not doing well, so I became inactive and focused on real life stuff. When I came back the clan was dead.

I stayed solo for a long while making art and just playing. I talked to an old TB acquaintance he told me I should join Evil, I said I'll try and apply. I applied and got in by a narrow margin, nobody in the clan knew me or heard of me but even then I still got in and made friends. I remember talking in in discord to DarkExxod, Chintu, Damano1, and Alderfox. We would play other games like minecraft or cs:go it was pretty fun. It's been a long time and much of our roster has changed but I still enjoy talking to everyone when I can.
I am evil.