Ranking
Original Post
[Blood] The preparations for Blood Tournament
Welcome.
This thread shall enlighten you what the clan Blood has to offer you in the future... Which means tomorrow.
What is this Blood Tournament? Well, read on.

"Bah, just an ordinary tournament with a good prize..."
Yes, a tournament. Yes, a good prize.
Ordinary? No.
The goal of the Blood Tournament isn't to beat others to get in to the top. The goal is to be the most stylish.
What do I mean?
It doesn't matter if you lose your first match. It doesn't matter if you don't get the first place.
You can win the grand prize of 80 000 TC even if you lost your first match!
There will also be decided the second place, which will get a nice amount of 20 000 TC.
The person who manages to get beat every opponent in the tournament will get 6 000 TC.

...But what do you need to get in to the tournament? It doesn't sound like one where anyone can join.

We will choose a full of 16 participants to the Blood Tournament. To get those, we decided to make a preliminary replay contest of some sort.

The preliminary replay contest - also known as Silver Challenges - will be up for approximately four weeks.
In each week, a set of four challenges will be released. The challenges may sound easy, but if you want to get a ticket, you must do the challenge in style, which is a lot more challenging than you thought.
Wait, what is this ticket you are talking about?
Oh, yeah. The prize for each challenge is a ticket to the Blood Tournament.
The contestants are allowed to compete on all challenges, but they can only win one. When they have won on one challenge, they aren't allowed to compete on any challenges anymore.
When the week is over, a new set of challenges will be released and the previous' week's participants will be judged.
The winners will probably be revealed in 3 - 4 days.

The Blood Tournament is a league style tournament, AKA it won't be your daily knockout tournament, the participants have to decide with the time and a mod.
Then, you'll post the time and the mod to the thread, and then an available referee will accept it and yay.

Here's everything compressed what I have mentioned so far:

Silver Challenges
  • Each week a set of 4 challenges will be released
  • There'll be a total of 16 challenges, AKA 4 weeks of challenges
  • A prize for each challenge is a ticket to the Blood tournament
  • The most stylish replay will win

Blood Tournament
  • League tournament (=you and your opponent decide with the time and the mod and post the information up in the Blood Tournament thread for a referee to accept it, then a server will be made for you two to fight)
  • First prize is 80 000 TC, second prize is 20 000 TC, plus the one who beats his/her every opponent will get 6 000 TC. That's a full of 106 000 TC in prizes!
  • The goal is not to get to the first place, the goal is to be the most stylish player

Accepted mods at the tournament:
  • judo.tbm
  • judofrac.tbm
  • aikido.tbm
  • wushufixed.tbm
  • kickbox.tbm
  • betaboxfixed.tbm
  • deltaboxfixed.tbm
  • twinsword4.tbm
  • sambo.tbm with the correct settings
  • lenshu3.tbm
  • taekkyon.tbm
  • joustingfixed.tbm
  • aikidobigdojo.tbm
  • running.tbm
  • romanwrestlingbeta.tbm
  • hapkido.tbm
  • aikidobigdojo.tbm -fl 15
If you want a mod to be added in the list, mention it here and we shall test it.

Note that changes might be made.

Q&A

Q: Who are the referees?
A: For now, it's just Blood members. There's 9 members in our clan, and one is inactive, so we should be doing fine with it, but in case there'll be too many members who aren't able or don't want to do the job, then we will ask for volunteers. You can post here now that you want to be a volunteer referee, but don't expect an immediate answer.

Q: How many entries do we get for each category?
A: For now, let's say four replays overall. That means that if you want to compete on every challenge, you can post one each challenge. But if you want to focus on one more than others, you can put 3 to one challenge and 1 to any of the other challenge. Or you could put all 4 replays on the one you want. This hasn't been discussed to the end, so changes might be made.

Q: Is this just for Blood members?
A: This is for everyone, even Blood members. Otherwise we wouldn't have posted this in Game Events board.

Links to the contests:
Silver Challenges week 1
Silver Challenges week 2

Any questions and OMGs are appreciated!

Happy... Waiting, for now!
~Clan [Blood]
Last edited by Tonakai; Nov 24, 2009 at 09:06 PM.
Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
Because a mod is funny you shouldn't mention it.
If we should take all mods that are funny, then the list would have every mod made in Toribash.

Humour can come from any mod =D

I've been practising my style. It seems slightly more stylin' than a few days ago.

You should make a list of all those who are referees so there are no imposters or something.
Good point still, but I'm pretty sure Toni know what he is doing. Also, posting the first batch of challenges in a bit.
E: Also Toni, make sure to add "At the tournament" to the list of accepted mods.
E2: Here.
Last edited by Hopea; Nov 16, 2009 at 09:27 AM.
Clan Blood Leader
And I'm getting a bit out of hand. I'll stop now, unless I have something constructive to say.

Sorry for the hassle, it was late at night while studying for exams when I posted these =/
Last edited by EverBlade2; Nov 18, 2009 at 07:56 AM.
The mod for jousting is joustingfixed.tbm. jousting.tbm is classic ED and 120 MF/10 TF.
<lumpysolo> ermergerd it's jalis <lumpysolo> love u too jalis <3
<jalis> you are worthless <jalis> ignored for my sanity
Originally Posted by michael136 View Post
tonakai is it just for blood clan memember's, or can others join?

This is for everyone.
Otherwise I and Hopea wouldn't have posted this in Game Events

But still, Blood members can join in.