ES Recruitment Drive
The fact is that at the moment, the majority of people don't know how to download movies and those that do are doing very little damage. I still buy dvds, even ones I've downloaded.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Well it matters what the play is about. Not all plays are boring. Plus I would rather go to the movie theater instead of staying home watching it. I know it's cheaper staying home but going to the theater is more exciting and better.
|FAQ|[re]|Programmer|
I'm back :)
Originally Posted by ZenZombie View Post
No, I wouldn't watch a live play.

Too boring...... Honestly, I would probably have to walk out 10 minutes in.

It's the same with pirating games, except for one thing.....

While they really arn't doing anything to stop movie piracy.....

Game developers/publishers, like Ubisoft, actually seem to be encouraging piracy while at the same time they try to stop it.

All Ubisofts ( Am I thinking of the right company? ) so called " Fixes " to piracy only make it worse.

Also, I'm new to Discussion, I recently left Wibbles because it started to get too troll filled....

Are you fucking kidding me? Trying to stop pirating? Have you seen Assassin's creed 2's DRM system?

And uhhh, when's the last time an actually NEW movie was made. It's always the average love story or average horror movie (which isn't actually horror, more like a bunch of gore). Oh, and a remake of a movie for the 10th time. Pretty much the only good movies I've seen are inception, and the knowing. Original, and awesome.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
The record for highest grossing film was blown out of the water last winter, piracy is NOT killing the film industry.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
I've never pirated because of my morals, I know I won't get caught but I also know it's illegal. I think some people are like that too and don't pirate for that reason.
But another thing is, if your rich and have an often sound system, why not just go out to the movie and spend some more money? If you have a medium amount of money, you won't have an insane awesome sound system and tv and You'll want to go out to the theater. Plus, from what I've heard, the in theater pirates are usually shaky and bad. Also, plays had it's time, now they're more of a novelty, and I think they'll stay that way, and I especially don't think they will change because of pirating.
Me and my friends go to cinemas all the time, not everyone has a pro home cinema
:D
on one side there are the big movie industries who earn a shitload of money with shitty movies like avatar, which are only impressive due to their special effects and certainly not due to their story.
on the other side there are independent productions, which rarely can be seen in cinemas these days. i agree that the movie culture is dieing, they don't even bother to make up actually good stories .
of course there still are awesome movies coming out like grand torino, but they are, as i mentioned before rare.
best movies are from the 80's and the 90's.

the pirates are not the problem ^^. there's enough money in the movieindustries.
Avatar had a good story concept, just wasn't really well executed... pretty boring at parts.

Didn't really deserve to be as popular as it got (like twilight)
:D
Originally Posted by Blam View Post
Avatar had a good story concept, just wasn't really well executed... pretty boring at parts.

honestly? i found the story quite lame. I'd give at a D.
the story had a waaaay to linear concept and it was predictable as hell.
later when i found out that it's exactly the story of pocahontas i was even more disappointed.

if you want to see a movie I'd give an A watch I stand alone.
gaspar noe is a fucking genius