Toribash
Original Post
steam marketing rant
some marketng rant ahead and couple of suggestions for next trailer

why i don't see pure marketing lines like this?

Tori is a reflection of yourself, customize it using broad range of more than ## avaible colours in torishop!
because this is how tb earns it's $
and you should encourage people to invest into the game by motivating them like this,
if you feel uncomfortable doing the very core of your marketing job - you should probably pick another work sphere, because this is exactly what expected from you and what you are paid for.

Stand out from the crowd! Cover your tori with with unique textures and impress friends with your creativity tallent!
~i know, terrible slogan, but you got the idea of what you could put there
showing screenshots with texture masterpieces in-game, like membrain's alien head or nblx inox set would be also quite inspiring for new players, but don't mention 128-512 part, since it's the catch

simple lists of features is a lackluster for marketing (yeah, i know, non-existant), but surprisingly enough marketing is all about boosting sales and maximising the profit, by alot of bullshiting what is the very essence of the job. Go to your local shop and check messages on alcohol you buy for example (i was working mostly with alco, so bear with me for this example), bullshit texts on it is marketing (legend), it's design is marketing and all these little things are what makes difference when customer think which one of these bottles he should bring home when they are in same price range. You don't sell product, you sell image. just like whores and cocaine are symbols of success ;) but you got the point.

for game which is indeed very niche, you could have marketed it as "hardcore" game (which i of course suggested to hamp) so atleast people will try to treat it as one instead of random ragdoll 5 minutes fun. People like to feel special and better than others and if you convince person that he is playing something hardcore, he will EXPECT game to be challenging and feel more superior to "scrubs" and more proud of himself even terribly failing in it, because internet bragging rights.
this can work for such niche game as toribash, instead of attemts to appealing to casual auditory, because let's face, you really need to have a very specific mindset to play this game. Even the ridiculed e-sports part may be used as beneficial, but carefully, because e-sports word may scare people due expectations of ultra high competition and being absolutely raped.

this goes for page and description suggestions

now about the trailer:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
We might benefit from a more "game-play" centered video on the steam page, following the trailer.
That'd give new-comers a more level-headed look on the game so that they expect this to be a slow-paced game, preventing a shock with the expectations and hype the trailer might create.

i would like to agree with oblivion that one more trailer which will showcase the gameplay a bit more deeply will be beneficial and should not be very hard to pull off aswell, considering there are good ideas in this direction already on this video.

0:18 desing your move part.

giving it more matrix feel with emphasis on ghost, tension durring the moments you make your move should be very insteresting

for example: uke is right about to punch tori in the face, time stops, something like happens but with joints (i grew up watching this thing) and as result uke dodge/counter/throw uke. you name it.

i don't say that toribash should be outright renamed to action bash lol, but this kind of moments will greatly benefit the next trailer.

in any case, no matter how much i criticize/rant about the game and it state (big surprise: because i want it to be even better than it is), i still enjoy playing it and i'm glad that toribash may get some boost in activity.