Ranking
sven your second madman is much better, huge improvment.
But from 256 to the end you got no dismemberments so either edit it to do better or just throw the torso and strike an end pose.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
From a looong time ago:
[21:56]<Blam>ManBreakfast: Frunk wants to know why you banned him from IRC
[21:56]<ManBreakfast>oh, fuck
[21:56]=-=Mode #toribash -b Frunk!*Frankie'sip by ManBreakfast
Hey guys im new to doing madmans so could someone give me some tips, cos i can do decaps etc easy but im not good at sorta once i have a hold on him, ripping bits off etc, it jst seems to hit them.

.:BLACKBELT:. http://iamking.on.toribash.com/<<<click for free tc!
aim for the joints and if you want it to seem like it only hits him and wont rip just use shift+space b4 hit to make it grabby and on the exact frame of the dismember ungrab the hand and tadah
Before I read this tutorial the best I could do was stuff like in 0 madman.

Then I could rip apart the top half of Uke's body almost completely but once I'd finished I'd be too far away to do anything to the bottom half. I can't put a replay of this up here because all of the replays I have of this type of madman are really glitchy.

Now that I've read this..... Well, I have yet to try anything out from this thread, but I'll let you know for sure!
Attached Files
0 madman.rpl (121.8 KB, 23 views)
BRAWL PWNS!!!
The ToriNews Organization HELP REBUILD UNCE!!!
Dis? :O
Originally Posted by splatter View Post
Hmm..some tips

Good way to make cool madman is to make sure you know what you are doing, use low amount of turnframes ( i use 5 to make mine) GRABBY HANDS ARE YOUR FRIENDS grabby hand is smaller than fist and so it strikes the strenght to smaller area and makes it more likely to dismember.

Noobs:Move your joints ppl, experiment and have fun
Advanced:Try making madman from a distance and from good looking poses.
Everyone:if you want to use ukes parts to kill him, put self damage on

Attached an example of my madman

Ok WOAH nice thanks for the great tips they will really help me make relax ones ^^

Oh and hows this? i think i DMed everyhit i even used his own parts! XD
Didn't turn... on... self damage... *cough* -__-
Attached Files
R.B_limbdestroyer.rpl (123.1 KB, 22 views)
Last edited by Ryanblaze; Sep 14, 2008 at 05:15 PM.
Sup
Decap and split combo rpl
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
I've just started messing around with the whole idea of sitting down and trying to really make something impressive looking, but so far, your tutorial really echoes a lot of what I had to figure out myself .

There are a couple things that should be mentioned, though, just for the sake of completeness...

- You can hit shift-p to advance the game a single frame. Back in the pre-free days of Toribash, I always wondered how some of those replays looked so smooth, and it's because you're not limited to making moves every ten frames.

- You can fix your mistakes! If you accidentally put a bit too much stress on your character and happen to rip yourself in half instead of Uke, you can actually edit your replay so you don't have to go back and re-create all the stuff leading up to it. To start, either finish the match out and start the after-match replay or just hit R to automatically play a replay of the current match. Once you get to the point where you want to fix things, pause the replay with P (again, you can move the replay one frame at a time with shift-P). Then, once you're at the frame that you want to change, hit E. This will allow you to "step in" at that exact frame and start playing the match from that point on.

Now, I'm assuming that editing replays isn't "looked down upon" by the more long-term madman creators. I had always figured that that's what people were doing, or maybe it's just that I wanted to preserve some of my own self-esteem by convincing myself that people just weren't doing some of that insane stuff on the first try.

And just because I've got nowhere else to put them, I'll put up a few of the things I've come up with (especially if five dismemberments is the minimum needed ):

FirstMadman: As the title says, my first end-result. Took about five or six edits to get everything right, as I kept losing the odd hand or arm here and there. There's a bit of a lull in the dismemberments in the middle, and I'm sure I could have torn apart the torso near the end, but when I get to the point where all that's left is tearing apart the pieces into even smaller pieces, I find I tend to lose patience with getting everything just right.

SecondMadman: I don't quite like this one as much as the first one, as it's not nearly as chaotic, and I know it's possible that I could have done more damage. However, for some reason I love the opening move.

SystematicDismemberment: I love how this one turned out. I was just messing around, and noticed that I managed to cut Uke pretty cleanly in half, the sever an arm at the pec. At that point, I wanted to see if I could actually do something intentionally instead of just screwing around and hoping for the best. So, I set out to sever the other arm at the same point and then take apart everything that was left within my reach...

KickyMadmanFinal: Everything except for the very last dismemberment is done entirely with the legs/feet.

SDPartsEverywhere: Probably my favorite SP replay (of the ones I've done). There's quite a bit of carnage (Uke ends up in ten different pieces), but the neat thing is that I managed to do it in basically three individual "moves".

About ur Decap and split combo replay.. hows this? its sorta quick so yeah ^^
Attached Files
R.B_2HitKO. o.o.rpl (38.2 KB, 16 views)
Sup
excellent tutorial, cheers to everyone who contributed.

heres my first few attempts, im proper chuffed that i got 10 dms (i think?) into 500 frames, wouldnt have got close without this
Attached Files
6dm madman.rpl (161.3 KB, 6 views)
6dm split madman.rpl (172.7 KB, 6 views)
10dm madman.rpl (247.1 KB, 23 views)
[Addicted]Spree
Youshop | Art