Ranking
Original Post
Relationship Advice.
I am not whining, I am asking for advice, and with that question, I want clear-cut answers, not *smart* comments. Or dumb ones...

Ok, so here's the story.

Me and my girlfriend hooked up,
four months ago, as of yesterday,
we sparked everything off great,
our mental, emotional and physical relationship, was fantastic.
But recently, I've gradually lost interest in her,
physically, mentally, and emotionally.

But, I try to be a nice guy, when I'm not being pushed around by the opposite gender, at least.
This girl has never hurt me, in any way.
It will hurt me to hurt her, knowing that she has never dealt any pain upon me.
I am at my wits end.

I am 18 as of March 23rd.
Here's the conflicting sides,
My EGO/PRIDE/VANITY,
Vs.
My CONSCIENCE.
(Everything that goes through my head for the past month, on a daily basis)

I've came to notice, that I can have a lot of beautiful girls under my arms,
I choose not to let them,
but my mind is slowly slipping grasp of itself in all senses.
My conscience says,
I have a girl that might love me,
but my ego says,
she lives 50 miles away she could do anything she wants,
My ego also says,
speaking of which, none of her friends even like you,
they won't tell you anything.
Then my conscience says,
Why would you hurt somebody that has never hurt you before?
Ego: How do you know she hasn't already done something? Your never there.
Conscience: You don't, relationships build off of trust/friendship.
Ego:Just leave her alone.
Conscience: Don't hurt her.

So this is the question, put yourself in my shoes, the girl lives exactly 50 miles away from me. I'm 18 years old, and I'm a very vain, and conceited Aries. *If my zodiac helps* What would you do in a situation like this? GO.
Last edited by Frost-Dragon; Jun 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Putting in the basic storyline.
I suggest this:

Temporally separate from each other. Not permanent. Maybe for about a few weeks. During that course, see other people. Then you will have to think, "Am I sure this person is right for me? Is she like my other person?" Then you will have to decide, new partner or old partner?
Thats a good suggestion.

Edit, I'm definitely taking that into consideration, but I'd like more answers. I'm going to check back up on this tomorrow.
The exact same thing happened with my brother. He just broke up with his girlfriend simply because he lost interest in her. I didn't think it was the right thing to do. It left her heart broken and now they are very awkward around each other.
I dont know how serious you guys are but what i think you should do is try to love her as much as you can for a week or so.. then if you still have no interest in her just tell her exactly what you told us.
4 months? you can end that shit with a phone call. if you're losing interest then there is no reason to stay with her. you're just a kid, there will be others. it's not fair to her if you're staying with her to avoid letting her down. that's just pity, and pity sucks when you're on the receiving end. you think you're being nice, but it's a waste of both of your time.

edit: not trying to sound like a dickhead but in my world this doesn't qualify as a super serious adult relationship. how old are you?
Last edited by KiTFoX; Jun 15, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
I would like my man to tell me what's on his mind instead of hiding it and finding out on my own..My best option is to tell her how you feel about her, and try to work it out or something. I dunno, I am a little confused on what you mean
Well, I'm not one for relationships like this but I've experienced this before. If you're losing interest in her already, then that may be a sign that she's not the one. Another reason you might be losing interest in her is because well...do you spend time with her 24/7? If that's the case then maybe its cuz she's smothering you (or vice versa) and you just need a little bit of alone time.
-----
And about what I would do...I cant post that because I want to keep this forum PG rated.
Last edited by psychic29; Jun 15, 2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I'm a nobody, and nobody's perfect. I am the definition of perfection.
Originally Posted by Frost-Dragon View Post
Me and my girlfriend hooked up,
four months ago, as of yesterday,
we sparked everything off great,
our mental, emotional and physical relationship, was fantastic.
But recently, I've gradually lost interest in her,
physically, mentally, and emotionally.

But, I try to be a nice guy, when I'm not being pushed around by the opposite gender, at least.
This girl has never hurt me, in any way.
It will hurt me to hurt her, knowing that she has never dealt any pain upon me.
I am at my wits end.

+1 for creatively posting your story as a poem.

As for your actually situation, it's pretty clear. Break up with her. You both don't want the same thing, so it's not going to work. Deal with it and move on. She'll get over it and find someone who does care for her.
If she no longer felt for you would you want her to just go on pretending she did?

Would you like it if she mucked you around asking for a "break" etc?

Or would you like to just be told so you can get over her and get on with your life?

Think about being her and what would hurt you the least.
Σ
I'm actually kinda going through the same thing right now, but since I'm 12 I don't think it really counts as a relationship. Anyway, I think you should just tell her. If you don't like being with her, you shouldn't waste her time. I'm sure that she will understand. One ting that you should NEVER do is end up cheating on her, that will just make it worse for everybody.