ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Frost-Dragon View Post
Tamashii:
You want to impress the girl?
You want to make her want you?
Truth is: You can't.
BUT!: There are loopholes everywhere my friend.
My best personal advice?
Be yourself,
Find your passions in life,
Show them to her,
combine her with your passions,
maybe,
a passion will ignite between the both of you.
If not,
then this only means,
that you are fire,
and she is water,
Or, Vice-Versa.
And with fire and water,
a flame cannot survive.
Do not seem too interested,
but don't be a complete asshole as the *How to get the girl* guide suggests.
Act mysterious,
it causes the girl to wonder,
and keeps you on her mind.
That will be the first step.
I wish you good luck mate,
I hope my advice helped.

I'm in love with her, she loves me, I am myself she is to and we fit perfectly together... There's passion alright...

Anyhow what I'm asking is not how to impress or how to get closer to her, I just want to be able to chat with her without saying "I don't know" everytime she asks me "What've you been doing?"

Originally Posted by Gymbash View Post
You could ask her about herself. Like how her day was, how she feels, what she wants etc...
Then tell her about yourself/and your day.
I find this very helpful when I am talking to my girlfriend.

I do this, but after this it's just silence D=

Originally Posted by kingBen View Post
Maybe you have nothing to talk about cause your on Toribash all the time. If you stay away from the computer you will end up doing more things, therefore you will have more things to talk about with your girlfriend.

I'm not often on my computer, or I am... But I'm like spending more time out with her and friends.

Toribash isn't my life, but it sure has it's parts...

Originally Posted by Marco View Post
You don't always have to be talking. On the phone, fair enough, but phone conversations don't last anywhere near as long as real ones do. I think one particular scene from Pulp Fiction sums it up quite nicely:

Mia: Don't you hate that?
Vincent: What?
Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?
Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.

Awesome movie, awesome quote... That's my problem right there, akward silence.

Originally Posted by shooter190 View Post
If you don't enjoy the silence, ask about the other person.

"What are your hobbies?"
"What do you enjoy?"
"Your favorite color?"
"What kind of music do you listen to?"

Once you get to know her a lot more and you have been going out for a long time, try getting to know more in-depth things, as of the following:

"How was your childhood?" Creepy, but valid
"What's some things that fascinate you?"
"If you could have anything in the world, what would it be?"
"WHERE WERE YOU DURING THE MURDER OF RONALD MCDONALD?!"

You know, some questions to get to know your girl better, then you should feel more comfortable around her.

The bolded questions would be the "valid" ones in my case, as I said... I just need more to talk about ^^

Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
how old are you?

I'm assuming you're at most in high school since you're asking for relationship advice here.

Let me just point out that most high school relationships are pointless and don't last long.

I'm 17, and I'm in highschool yes, but It's not like the ones you are thinking about.

She's my first girlfriend ever, she's awesome and she likes me as well. This is something that I know will last, We've been a couple for around 1-2 months now. The feelings we have for eachother are strong.

As a plus, neither of use drink, smoke or use any other kinds of tobacco (Like "snus" which is very common in Norway".

She's christian, I'm not... there's a difference, but nothing that has any kind of effect on our relationship.

The reason why I'm asking here is because I can. And some of the tips are quite useful, makes my mind flow... Easier to come up with stuff to talk about.
Last edited by Fenris; Jun 16, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
You know what... maybe that quote from pulp fiction is right...
Next time you get into one of those awkward situations, just look into her eyes and tell her how beautiful she is.
See? Now you have turned an awkward situation into a romantic one...
I hate living in Texas -_-
Originally Posted by Tamashii View Post
Hah, that works... But what if I'm on the phone, or on skype?

Bahahahahaha the guy above me... I just lol'd ^__^

In that case, I would just ask her a random question,
"What's on your mind?".
"How do you feel?"
You know, just something to lighten the mood.
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
Let me just point out that most high school relationships are pointless and don't last long.

Don't listen to 2worlds, he clearly has problems with relationships and is an unstable person.

I met my current girlfriend when I was 17, and we're now both 19. If you get to that stage and you still want to be around each other then it is far from a pointless relationship.

As for these 'uncomfortable' silences, it's probably not a good sign that you're uncomfortable around her when neither of you are talking. Although if it's in the early stages, these silences can be filled by doing something like kissing/hugging/pounding her (last one may require slightly more mutual trust), it's 'spontaneous and romantic'.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Marco, his problem, is how to talk to her over the phone/skype...
I don't think you can pound, hug, or kiss over skype or the phone...
:o
Alright, since people think it's now okay to post relationship "halp me" threads I'm closing them all. If it was just a one off I would have left it but it turns out it wasn't.
I hope you'll understand and can seek advice from more legitimate sources.