ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Pt. 1&2 Comprehensive Taekkyon tutorial
Hello!

So you want to play the greatest mod in the game? Want to shit on your friends and get some awesome replays? Well, learn to play Taekkyon, I'm here to help.
This tutorial is directed towards semi-advanced players who already understand body movement and momentum mechanics etc.etc... So if you are familiar with your Tori but cant quite get streaks in public TK rooms this guide is for you. Even if you are a veteran TB player there's still something you might learn here! (this guide applies somewhat to kickboxing as well)

I will focus on openers and the basics of control in this 1st part.

UPDATE: part 2 is here, focusing more on the distance and aim in this part. (control section)

(Open all the spoilers, Important!)

Firstly lets recap Taekkyon:

Basic meta

1. Openers

2. Control

Preventing wrist DMs

The end (for now)

Ps If you want coaching in-game, feel free to comment on the thread or PM me, I'll be glad to help
Last edited by WorldEater; Oct 28, 2017 at 03:44 PM.
Cowmeat I love you. Community needs more casual TK players.

Also, so with "Control" Openers, You should probably state how to utilize it, along with Defensive openers. You plugged moop's video (Which is helpful for newer players) and sent everyone on their merry way.

Should include using your arms and balance to pull yourself forward, etc etc. though you touched on grabbing, you also didn't really state what to do to make it effective. Just showed us that certain states cause easy breaks in Control v Control scenarios.

This may be rambling, and I may just be dumb, but Goodjob on the Tut man. :'D It was rather informational for a Mod tutorial. Hopefully many good TK players will come from this.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Thank you, agreed there are some things that were not fleshed out enough but I will update this thingy often so it will grow by time.
I am decent at tk, more of a controlled player, with quite the awkward opener. This really helped though. great job.

p.s It would be cool if you could teach me c:
Originally Posted by Meeeehhhh View Post
I am decent at tk, more of a controlled player, with quite the awkward opener. This really helped though. great job.

p.s It would be cool if you could teach me c:

I'll be in game tomorrow so feel free to hit me up there or PM me
Hey hey you forgot moops opener, the clap \o/ (I would put it in a subsection of control it plays very differently)
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
Hey hey you forgot moops opener, the clap \o/ (I would put it in a subsection of control it plays very differently)

"The most common opener. There are as many variations of this opener as there are players. Generally it is just an extend of the hand or a clap."

Smallbowl plz DD
(I would put it in a subsection of control it plays very differently)

Cowmeat please :P
Cowmeat please :P

Bowl pls It doesnt play very differently ;: ))
It plays very different D: you dont have a punch anymore but the kick are more powerful and more unpredictable

Also where is punching D: