Ranking
Originally Posted by TimmyboyG View Post
The grab is less stable with wrists contracted than with wrists relaxed/held/extended.

plus "most" players do it because they want to get an inner grab which results in consequences i mentioned earlier. intentionnaly or not is not the point.

if you want to win that bad, just go with shovel, as it's the most effective aikido technique ever existed, no need to bother with anything else, really.
Last edited by snake; Jun 7, 2015 at 06:38 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
So what should one do who wants to make good looking matches, but doesnt want to have a dissadvantage.
Originally Posted by Headles View Post
So what should one do who wants to make good looking matches, but doesnt want to have a dissadvantage.

Not having an advantage does not mean you will have a guaranteed disadvantage.
You both start the same way and then you try to (hip)throw/suplex your opponent to win.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Originally Posted by TimmyboyG View Post
Not having an advantage does not mean you will have a guaranteed disadvantage.
You both start the same way and then you try to (hip)throw/suplex your opponent to win.

The same way, assuming the other doesnt contract wrist, but what if he does? Can't think of anyway to counter that.
The same way, assuming the other doesnt contract wrist, but what if he does? Can't think of anyway to counter that.

Then you just play aikido like you would have, trying to (hip)throw/suplex your opponent and dq them with it.

i am a bird now - Lil B

in short keep elbows straight as possible, when you get in final stage of throw just keep it the same way and basically wait. he will get his elbows to dq himself. just make sure you maintain lock of his chest and shoulders with your arms one up and down.

i will try to find some examples in my replays folder or make some fresh ones.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Okay.
-----
Wait what! I'm playing with the normal clap now and almost everytime the oppenent gets a shoulder/prec fracs/dm's
Last edited by Headles; Jun 7, 2015 at 07:16 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Gratz for the vids, snake. They are kinda making me not hate aikido. XD
As for the 5th vid, the thing that hax did was pretty entertaining. I think it would be interesting talk about those debatable things that you have mentioned. But i think you should add throws and suplexes in the background, i mean actual gameplay footage.
"Why?"
Originally Posted by snake View Post
because contracting wrists is as lame as using shovel and obviously have nothing to do with skill. if you rely on it to win - you clearly aren't good in aikido.

There's relying on it, and just using it to your advantage. If you only rely on contracting wrists, you'll easily lose.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."