Toribash
Yes, the official reason was a blatantly fabricated lie. I was responding to Thellian's claims that the US were trying to be altruistic.
Originally Posted by Thellian View Post
That estimate includes any violent deaths that have occurred, such as suicide bombings. Saying the US killed these people is a stretch to say the least. I will concede that the amount of civilian casualties is too damn high no matter how you measure that statistic, but I'm doubtful that letting Saddam and his crime family continue to own Iraq would be a better alternative.

Like I said, the genocide you mentioned happened a long time before the invasion, and the invasion cannot reasonably be seen as a response to Sadam's action.

Conjecture that Sadam may have randomly decided to kill a ton of people is ridiculous. The fact is USA did kill a ton of people in order to stop the possibility of Sadam killing a ton of people. It's a ridiculous claim.
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
So America is not "wiping countries off the face of the planet" right now? They're making peace?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

Obama surprisingly made peace where the other presidents cannot let me repeat that "Cannot". Sure war is still happening, but they aren't dissolving other countries. I'm sure McCain or Romney Would have ran America and several other countries into the ground before their first term ended.

And there is a difference between participating and being in direct combat with the other country. It's like Canada being drag around into all if these wars. They're in them, but it's not like they started it. It starts with governing corruption and gross disregard of human rights.

I don't think anyone has forgotten that America is the most powerful nation in the world. History shows that they get what they want, whatever they want even if everyone discourages it.
Source: Iraq War

People still seem to forget that and if they hadn't they're hiding behind the civilians America won't attack directly.

This isn't about which country does better, this isn't about the influence of religion on a state, it's about America interfering in the Middle East.

Actually it is. If they weren't dwelling over others beliefs all the goddamn time and enforcing their beliefs on others (beliefs and laws are different) They'd be a better off country, but the fact that they go out of their way to do some of the stuff they do is ridiculous and it causes others who CAN do something about it to do something about it.

Example: Some one is being attacked and you have the drop on the perp. You don't help instead you stand by and watch the whole event go down and obviously by the time the cops get within the vicinity. He's gone.

I want peace, for sure. But what's the "country that isn't war torn and poor and on sight will have beef with an Amercan" about? Isn't it the Americans who interfere with local wars there and leave the country behind like a mess? Maybe that's the reason the inhabitants of the region will "have beef" with Americans?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War

That and clearly they got butt hurt for
Starting something they couldn't conceivably finish.

Not even a clue what this is supposed to signify. Also, this isn't a lingua franca discussion (if such a thing is even possible);

All the elites in other countries speak English. It's Earth Common. Speak English or Suffer the long road consequences.
Last edited by Arglax; Aug 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Fixed some BBcode