Ranking
Originally Posted by jewdough View Post
I hate hippy liberals as much as stubborn old conservatives. We need a middle ground. I like conservative values, but ease up on the gays and marijuana and they would have my vote every time.

it's called libertarianism, and it exists
shmevin eats smegma
Please stay on topic, that is marijuana.
If you want to talk about libertarianism feel free to create a new thread.
How are you?
Have you guys ever thought it never killed anyone because it isn't legal? Imagine it getting out of hand, people driving wile high on marijuana would be a threat probably as big as alcohol.
right on
Marijuana is much less harmful than tobacco, and has actual medicinal purposes.
It should be treated as alcohol, as the two are kinda similar (getting drunk and high)
If pot isnt legal, why is beer?
"People should not be afraid of their governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people."
Gorman,that implies that use of marijuana can influence your behaviour into as they say in my school "risk behaviour" and the behaviour will kill you.

Not the marijuana itself will kill the person.

I still don't understand why marijuana isn't legalized,its a plant just like tobacco has lesser harming effect than tobacco and alcohol and people are putting it in the "don't touch this or you will die" category but so are alcohol and tobacco they both can kill you.

What's the difference?
<Vordred>ther are very girls in my village
Originally Posted by Tetsuru View Post
Gorman,that implies that use of marijuana can influence your behaviour into as they say in my school "risk behaviour" and the behaviour will kill you.

Not the marijuana itself will kill the person.

What.

"Gun's don't kill people, it's just the person has been put in to a 'risk situation' by having a fast moving metal object making a hole in them and their blood falling out"

"Alcohol doesn't cause deaths, it influences you to make bad choices which kill people; for example drinking too much, not drinking enough water, or ploughing your car into a school"

Surely people don't actually think this is valid logic?
You're not understanding what I'm saying.

Marijuana doesn't influence your health in such a way that you will die from it.
It does influence your behaviour greatly which can kill you.

Alcohol does kill.
Destroys your liver.

Tobacco kills.
Lung cancer,mouth cancer,etc,etc
<Vordred>ther are very girls in my village
Originally Posted by Tetsuru View Post
You're not understanding what I'm saying.

Marijuana doesn't influence your health in such a way that you will die from it.
It does influence your behaviour greatly which can kill you.

Alcohol does kill.
Destroys your liver.

Tobacco kills.
Lung cancer,mouth cancer,etc,etc

Hm, you said cancer kills you, but in my post I posted the citations linking marijuana to cancer.

Additionally it causes motor and intelligence impairment. I don't know why you think this is "fine"... Being unable to control your mind and body is kind of a big deal.
It's not legal because of propaganda of the early 20th century.

Basically, US Government made it illegal to grow marijuana, which was used for many purposes (mainly "industrial" more than recreational : clothes, insulation, rich oil etc...) just when its "manufacturing process" became easier.
To industrially use marijuana you need to separate its pulp/flesh from the rest of the plant, which was only made possible by hand-work until some dude invented a machine to do it, in the early 1900's. It's precisely when the propaganda striked to forbid the growth of marijuana, lying and invoking absurd reasons ; like waves of people murdering their family for no reason but the use of marijuana (accross the US border of course, in Mexico) and such...

Why ?

Because oil, petrol and money. Marijuana becoming easier to process was a threat for the petrol industry, a risk of decreasing profit. Being a plant easy to grow anywhere (it's not called weed for no reason) on pretty much any soil, and rich enough to provide a good alternative to petrochemical industry, the oil lobbies decided to pull a few strings and financed a few political campaigns... when you have shitload of money and friends in the government, it was easy to block marijuana's industry.

And here we are, 100 years later, barelly aware about why a plant we've been using for thousand years is illegal... invoking hypocritical health issues while selling tobacco, alcohol, and chemical "medicines" 100x more addictive and dangerous than pot.

I don't know why you think this is "fine"... Being unable to control your mind and body is kind of a big deal.

It sounds like you never even tried it once. I've been smoking pot for about 10 years now, not excessively. I've never been "unable to control my body" or my mind. It sure gives you a different perception of things, but it doesn't causes a "loss of control" like alcohol does.

Plus, mind controlling sober is a bit overrated, I've seen some sober people going crazy over strong emotions, no need for drugs to lose control.
And on another note, your male brain thinks about sex every 4-5 seconds and you don't even know it, so much for self mind control.
Last edited by deprav; Sep 1, 2013 at 07:12 PM.