Ranking
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
i think you are wrong because most non meta builds were very rune dependent so taking away the customization that the old system allowed for makes it so you have to play everyone even more META

also do u play on NA because basic and i are carrying noobs24/6

nah man
i have a acc that i play on NA but i hate playing there
high ping \\\\\\
Originally Posted by Love View Post
nah man
i have a acc that i play on NA but i hate playing there
high ping \\\\\\

Yeah... same
The ping is high but eh, it's playable. sucks to get the account lvled tho
"You have every right to be offended, just don't cry when no one cares."
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
i love playing this game......................................

do you guys think the new runes make doing nonmeta builds even harder?

Nonmeta picks don't happen in League, new runes or not.

Let's be very frank about how League is structured. There is always a clearly defined champion meta at this point in the game's life. There is always the flavor of the season that Riot decides to support and structures all of their balancing around. Offmeta originates when the flavor of the season is less defined.

I'll compare to Dota to explain this. Dota has clearly defined "strong" characters, like League does, but Dota also has clearly defined hard counters, something League does not really have. There are bad matchups in League, but there's very few hard counters to any champion, and the champions that do have these hard counters rarely see play because they don't bring anything to make up for it. This is the critical difference that results in offmeta not happening in League. In Dota, if they pick some "strong" character, you can literally just pick the hard counter and laugh to the bank. Cancer lancer can be the strongest character in the game, but he still gets dunked when Earthshaker ults. This means champion select is not about jockeying to assemble a team with the strongest meta characters, but trying to read team strategy to draft an effective counter. Meanwhile, when League has a powerful character, often your best bet is to pick a champion with the hardest amount of consistent cc available as a "counter". This is why Malzahar is so prevalent in high level play, since he's the closest to a hard counter you will ever get in League. It also means that picks and bans in League are not as intricate as Dota's are, since it's more focused on securing the power picks of the patch while denying them to your opponent. It's why you'll see very similar bans in matches, and the first 3 to 5 picks will have very large overlaps between matches.

Ultimately, League's balancing means that there is no offmeta, only an abnormal power curve that hasn't been discovered yet. When you see a surprise pick, it's almost never optimal, and relies on hoping your opponent is not prepared for it. It's why when you see a surprise pick you'll see a guaranteed one of two results: total domination or total annihilation. Either it succeeds in surprising, and can snowball into a point where meta doesn't matter (that Nocturne pick in Worlds), or it falls flat and proceeds to suck for the remainder of the match (that Rammus pick in All-Stars).

Unless you aren't talking about high level play, in which case Spellbook Minion Dematerializer Proxy Singed is top kek.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Love View Post

Rito fucking stole my SSS
fuckkkkkkk

Ya know that ya boi has 30 assists.... I carried you so you could carry boii
"You have every right to be offended, just don't cry when no one cares."
So I bought Xerath today because I liked the aspect that all your abilities are skill shots and I tried him out and holy do I love him, my second game I did like 10/8 because the syndra underestimated the ranges on my ability. The one thing I hate is that with your ult you have to press r instead of just left clicking..

Also would me playing Xerath improve skill shots in other champions? If so yeyeyeyey
ishi - "I'm Hampa's Bitch Slappin' Hand"
I'm so proud Sparky
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
So I bought Xerath today because I liked the aspect that all your abilities are skill shots and I tried him out and holy do I love him, my second game I did like 10/8 because the syndra underestimated the ranges on my ability. The one thing I hate is that with your ult you have to press r instead of just left clicking..

Also would me playing Xerath improve skill shots in other champions? If so yeyeyeyey

you should try play ez as well