Toribash
If you mean Inhale vocals which are used in grindcore can seriously fuck a beginners throat up and some will have to undergo surgery. Not saying all did, but the weak had too.
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
If you mean Inhale vocals which are used in grindcore can seriously fuck a beginners throat up and some will have to undergo surgery. Not saying all did, but the weak had too.

I heard someone say something about that. But then again, I don't know how to do any kind of Inhale vocals. I did try it several times, but I just ended up coughing lol.

Oh btw Splinter I fell for that lmao. I had forgot about it. -.-
It's same procedure, but it has more strain on the throat than any other way, making it a harder technique to master before you fuck up your throat. I'm pretty sure in inhale vocals the tighter you tighten your throat the deeper it goes and sounds raspier.
I can currently inhale scream moderately well, i just dont like doing it.
I can feel the back of my throat splitting slightly, and i have coughed blood doing it several times before, so i would rather not risk it

toribush, i must say thank you for your post

Ive listened through those songs, and a few others by those bands and i can hear the difference, but how similar the two styles (one i want, and the one you showed) are. The Asphyx scream was very nice, the was a great technique behind that, and if i was to make it more forceful, and higher pitched, itd sound great for what i want.
bliza im in a band with this style of music il find you some tutorial videos for you on youtube and if i cant find a good enough one il make one for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc7sv98bZt0

this is actuly quite a good tutorial
Last edited by CkyToH; Jun 29, 2010 at 10:39 PM.
CkyToH/GuineaTigg Active from Mar 2008 - Jan 2019
If you're in school, I suggest you join a choir class, or some sort of singing class.
While it doesn't help you scream, it will help you find notes (You may think you can, but you probably can't), hold notes longer, all that good stuff.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
2 worlds, ive been doing singing practise, and a personal vocal tutor for the last 3 years :P

ckytoh, ill watch that later, and thanks for the offer
Listen to Enter Shikari, they do it good
Try to see how other good bands do it, and start imitating them.
Hello, world.
Enter shikari screams are all either a) fry screaming, or b) inhales

Fry screaming and inhales both fuck your voice beyond being usable, if not used properly, and at this age (im 15) i dont really want that :I

Also imitating bands probably isnt good, i wanna have my own style, not just a selection of other styles to choose from