Ranking
Originally Posted by blivvy View Post
Noob here, TK is currently prob my favourite mod, nice to see a good relatively basic tutorial, and thanks for linky to Moop's work too. It seems like this explains - in better terms than I could - why I find the mod so fun, as well as how to get better at it.

Best match I've had was when I managed to counter a clap attempt with a non-snap kick that ended up tearing both arms off my opponent. Still a beginner, but I felt like what I did was mostly what I'd been aiming for, so that was nice. Lost my leg before the fight ended, but I stayed ahead on points (by a wide margin), so it was ok.

I get what you mean ^^ The greatest things about TK are when you plan something and execute the said plan and it works. The short tf gameplay really allows for precise movement and aiming
To learn the TK mechonics, be the TK

When someone goes for a kick, snap the knee or kick first before he does.

I remember executing a really nice punch dm-ing 2 pecs and the head. Its in one of concon's video, dont remember what week.... hmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
I get what you mean ^^ The greatest things about TK are when you plan something and execute the said plan and it works. The short tf gameplay really allows for precise movement and aiming :)

Or when you are building epic kick or punch and when your arm/leg is swinging you get wrist dm-ed.

I find this too cool about this mod, however it always pisses me off, it makes the game more unexpectable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
Originally Posted by macho89 View Post
Or when you are building epic kick or punch and when your arm/leg is swinging you get wrist dm-ed.

I find this too cool about this mod, however it always pisses me off, it makes the game more unexpectable.

People dont know that not getting wrist DMd is the most skill you can have in TK
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
People dont know that not getting wrist DMd is the most skill you can have in TK

^ Word. I still can't master my blocking technique but many ppl told me already it's getting good so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
Improve your tutorial because your ass just got bankrupt in your own mod.

Tech me senpai
You don't really learn from teachers. They try and show certain moves that only apply to them. Your better off just practicing with some random person.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
show what to do...

you use basic control against someone who starts with a rush kick. Add pros and cons, etc.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
show what to do...

you use basic control against someone who starts with a rush kick. Add pros and cons, etc.

Since Cowmeat is neglecting his own thread (Shame on you! >:C) I'll butt in here!

When getting rushkicked while defending there are mainly 4 outcomes.

1. You execute a perfect knee grab, DM'ing the knee. Now it's just up to you if you want to punish him with a kick or a punch. Don't let go unless you're a dumpster baby, be sportsmanlike!

2. He kicks you, you get DM'd. You're likely to lose but use other arm to grab him and try to retaliate.

3. His kick doesn't DM, and is stuck in you (Not "stuck-stuck", but he is keeping it there on purpose). Don't do erratic movements that will result you hammering your own joints on his foot, instead try to grab his thigh/knee and work around it.

4. You both miss each other, you still have feet on ground since you didn't try and kick, so you're better off for round 2
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]