Toribash
I think it would be unwise to make this massive, unwieldy list of things you should and shouldn't do, but rather come up with some basic principles that apply universally and should always be followed in order to be a savvy player
if you had to articulate how it was going throught the learning curve how you delt with problems. when you learnt concepts or found inspirations for new moves. did you do single player to figure things out? how would you tell the story.
mine was figuring out that if i don't die. eventually they will kill them self. white to brown. around brown i figured the most direct way to win was to get a low grab on them then lift them out. turned out my move was a shovel. next i had the idea of fine if i can't grab low i'll just uuse that torischool move. with the kick and the lift. turned out that was frowned upon as well. the biggest leap i had in reguards of figuring out how everything works was when i started playing teh ufcoctogon.tbm mod 10 frames alternating toris. taught me how to turn into and away from the otherguy. also it taught me about once i started putting to gether how the tori worked i found aa bjjscout video on takdowns and tried to use the planes principle. mostly defensivly. these days i act out moves usually found on youtube with my house mate then try to import them into toribash. what was everyone else journey like.
"toribash is like learning to talk with someone. first you babble incoherently at someone. then you shout the first thing that comes into your head and it becomes a screaming match. soon you can answer the other guys shouts and have an argument. eventually you just listen. and they tell you how they want to be beaten."
also earliest replay i posses.
Attached Files
1 oneline win4.rpl (38.5 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by monkeyishi; Aug 1, 2017 at 07:43 AM. Reason: quote stolen and modified by me
I like the analogy of toribash being like learning to talk. I didn't really start progressing in toribash technically until I became a black belt, before then it was always "lift, snapkick, counter-shovel" I won a lot with those moves, but once I stepped into deep water, AKA the public servers, I realized that what I had been doing wasn't going to work anymore. Having been doing judo for some years at that point, I decided to try an translate some of those throws into Toribash the best I could. Translations took a lot of trial and error, because I was alone and didn't know about TA at the time, but once I figured out how to do a shitty hip throw, my techniques got better rapidly.
-----
This is the first judo throw I ever successfully recreated
Attached Files
Morote Seoi Nage.rpl (73.6 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Iskenos; Aug 1, 2017 at 05:38 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The first step is always learning what the joints do and how they affect the rest of the tori's body. then you need to learn how to keep balance.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
I used to not play aikido very much. I played MAS a lot and that gave me a really good understanding of how the tori moves and such. When I came back to aikido I was able to move pretty realistically and smooth. From there I just went for moves I knew in real life and the rest is history.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
yeah we could do it like flash cards with answers on the back.
with this system it would be easy to add or remove stuff. if we do enough we can what program was used for the leadership cards?