Ranking

Wild Metamorphosis
2048x1024

Probably the most detailed texture I've ever done, in full HD. The clock took me quite a while, I spent about 10 hours on the overall texture.

I might work more on it if I come up with something.

3D

Flat

WIPs

Wow really nice. The detail is insane, and the texture is really cool man.

There's still something about your art style that makes it hard to read (for me at least)...
I really couldn't guess there'd be empty eye sockets if I wasn't watching the flat. Something about your choice of contrast that I find weird maybe?
Last edited by Swepples; Nov 12, 2018 at 08:52 AM.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Swepples View Post
Wow really nice. The detail is insane, and the texture is really cool man.

There's still something about your art style that makes it hard to read (for me at least)...
I really couldn't guess there'd be empty eye sockets if I wasn't watching the flat. Something about your choice of contrast that I find weird maybe?

I can understand the concern there, since I'm stubbornly refusing to use colors I have to practice making clear what I'm drawing. That means reflections, contrast, shades and an object's texture. I'll work more on it. Thanks for the feedback.
Reminds me of Membrain stuff if you remember his artworks. I catch the idea of that "distortion" thing but IMO it works good only with detailed drawings otherwise it makes head looking messy and lower quality. I really adore wild metamorphosis, this is an example where your style worked well. It seems like you still looking for your own style so keep it up I think you'll find a good balance because as I see you absolutely know about what plastic anatomy is nor you have good drawing skills.
Originally Posted by Hug View Post
Reminds me of Membrain stuff if you remember his artworks. I catch the idea of that "distortion" thing but IMO it works good only with detailed drawings otherwise it makes head looking messy and lower quality. I really adore wild metamorphosis, this is an example where your style worked well. It seems like you still looking for your own style so keep it up I think you'll find a good balance because as I see you absolutely know about what plastic anatomy is nor you have good drawing skills.

Yes I've seen some of Membrain's artworks and you aren't the first one to talk to me about him. Probably not on subjects, but our style is very different.

With distortion you mean the grainy effect I was talking about? I personally think I'm getting better at managing it, in my first head of that kind, Prisoner 3172, it was a bit out of control. That head was a big test, I went ahead and tested completely new stuff: brushes, contrast choices, subject, kind of mapping, process of building the head and from that I overhauled my style. In the end it sold incredibly well from what I was used to so I continued in that direction. Prisoner 3172 was some kind of miracle basically.

With Wild Metamorphosis I went in planning just to have fun with it. At this point I feel kind of comfortable with the style and I've experience with drawings that are an huge amount of stuff stuck together. 2048x1024 helped a lot too there when going into details.

Thanks for the feedback mate!

Doodle stuff during boredom. Yay. Done with bic pen.

Image quality isn't the best, but this is what I have.

Begging Orc

Kingdom Traveler

Drone

Also I'll post here stuff from older threads. Like these other bic doodles from 3 years ago.

Older stuff from 2015

Dungeons and Dragons Party

This is my Dungeons and Dragons party, I did this piece for my players basically.

It has been a challenge. The composition has been quite difficult to pull off and I haven't used any reference for poses, so I've kind of redrawn all the character at least twice while making it because most of the times it wasn't working out.

It's not meant to be super polished or anything, it would have taken me even more.

Cnc is very welcome on this one.

Drawing

well, I dont think there is any reason to pick it apart, you are right, it looks a bit unpolished, I think if you just removed the mouth of the dwarf and just went for pure beard instead it would look better. but I must say that sword looks amazing.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
well, I dont think there is any reason to pick it apart, you are right, it looks a bit unpolished, I think if you just removed the mouth of the dwarf and just went for pure beard instead it would look better. but I must say that sword looks amazing.

The dwarf is basically a meme in the group, so he's meant to have that super dumb and goofy look.

With this drawing I wanted to convey the main concept of the characters in a cool pose, a way to show their personality, so I feel like the polish would have been unnecessary and very time consuming for 4 characters.

And yup, I really like drawing metal.
-----
As I told you, received this from my players:

Last edited by WeppetKo; Nov 23, 2018 at 12:27 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

Ahri WIP

Ahri WIP

Yea apparently I tend to go way too crazy with hair/fur and this only one part of the whole piece, I've already planned out the pose and all the tails behind her. I don't know if I'll ever finish it, knowing myself I either draw for 10 hours straight or leave a piece if I can't complete it in one session.

I'm basically trying to push to the limits the style I'm currently using. Always in black and white.

Oh and this is a WIP of the WIP.

Ahri WIP of the WIP