Ranking
Originally Posted by MintCat View Post
yeah yeah, I don't know why I said that. I get ya!
~
lil wayne quit? hah, I hadn't even noticed x3
I think the Bieber rumour is false. It's what most people wish, but it ain't happening.

Wayne is a sk8erboii now

Also, Britney Spears did put out a pretty inspirational song. I use it when I need motivation to study.

Why yes Britney, I do want to party in France.

One side of me hates this song and this style, my other side loves it to dead. Perfect example of a case where I'm afraid to admit I love the mainstream cheap pop music everyone listens to.
Last edited by Dilara; Jan 14, 2014 at 06:44 PM.
i enjoy pop music and dont understand why people think that sexualization is not a decent representation of love and whatnot
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
i enjoy pop music and dont understand why people think that sexualization is not a decent representation of love and whatnot

more specifically, lust.
I hate every piece of music that isn't made from the soul. Might sound cheesy, but that's how it is. If music is made for commersial purposes alone, it's just dead.
This applied to every genre, but i gues pop especially, because it's commersialised and the selection of artists is made from appearance.

So yeah, i hate pop.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
I heard that the Bieber retirement thing was just a prank.

@Dilara
It probably depends on the management. People like Adele are in good hands, but celebrities like Miley and Gaga are being handled by greedy idiots.

@Lazors
Same here, bro. The music we hear today doesn't even deserve to be called music. The singers and their songs are just cash magnets. No real heart put into it.

@pusga
It's not the sex lyrics I don't like, it's just the top pop tracks pretty much sound the same. Try listening to all of One Direction's hit songs. Not about sex, but you'll see what I mean.
Last edited by Bulletron; Jan 15, 2014 at 01:59 AM.
a spoon.
All become tolerable when mashed up with another genre.

Or played back in a different key.
-----
sidenote: all music sounds better mashed up with Quad City DJ's Space Jam
Last edited by avwave; Jan 15, 2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Bulletron View Post
It's not the sex lyrics I don't like, it's just the top pop tracks pretty much sound the same. Try listening to all of One Direction's hit songs. Not about sex, but you'll see what I mean.

i do see what you mean but One Direction only has more than one hit song because the first one caused such an impression that the fans would then listen to anything they make regardless of quality. i would bet my head that if it wasn't for their first hit song their other songs would never achieve recognition.
that's why i tend to filter those kind of artists from "pop" music, because it's not their songs that make them popular, it's just that song. i try to take into consideration more consistently good artists (e.g.: David Guetta who has been releasing good stuff from People Come People Go to She Wolf and throw in When Love Takes Over and The World Is Mine somewhere in between)
oh yeah