Toribash
Original Post
Has the Discussion Board become to informal?
It's a legitimate question to discuss whether or not this board has become to informal. For those of you who don't remember or weren't around for it, the debate board was deleted several months ago was held to very high levels of maturity and formality else posts would either be deleted or infracted.

Of course, I am not expecting this same level of formality this discussion board; however, this board is suppose to be where "Serious talk" occurs. I find it inappropriate to see posts such as "You mean delaying women becoming terrifyingly ugly when they age past 30?" in a serious thread about the controversial topic of a male sex pill or a post like "Lets go back to the bible and see what jebus says. ROFL" in a thread about the stoning of iranian women.

So I am curious to hear what the general habitants of these boards have to say about the quality of the posting in these boards.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Quality is certainly degrading. I remember how serious Debate used to be and how high in regards it was held up in, and I think the leash has been given more slack than warranted, so to speak.
Last edited by Eureka; Jul 28, 2010 at 07:04 AM.
[18:04:54] <aracoon> Eureka is a powerhungry fag
[13:13] <Eureka> also dota is kinda for pigfuckers
[13:13] <jalis> ban eureka
[13:13] <jalis> thanks
I think that it is going a little out of hand but i think that the way to solve it is for the people who do this send out harder punishments.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
I'd argue that the discussion board, like the social environment of today, has grown more accepting of those who don't really have anything to add to conversation. I think that the discussion board has just adapted to fit the needs of everyone who posts inside of it, for better or for worse.
Severly off-topic replies are punished, I'm sure... But for the most part, I don't think anyone gets too off topic. I happen to think that there's an abundance of sarcasm, that doesn't quite add food for thought in an orthodox way, but that doesn't make it discredable.
I personally feel, though, that the comment before "You mean delaying women becoming terrifyingly ugly when they age past 30?" was more off topic. I think it went something along the lines of "Let's make a pill that stops menopause."--but with very poor use of punctuation.
I just got here recently and I could tell you, I would enjoy a tad more stimulating conversation here. Wibbles gets old..and scary.
Dr. Gregory House
Verdict Member
i dont know there just doesnt seem to be very much that i care about in discussion, it seems to be lacking good material to discuss.
🫷🦚🫸
Right. I think these boards go through cycles. They are decent places to discuss topics one day, and crap the next.... It's just the circle of life so to speak.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
What happened to the debate board? Why was it deleted? I wasn't using the forums at the time it was still around.

Also, I somewhat agree with what sirkill1 said about the lack of good material to discuss. I don't really see the point of all the "ask the devs, admins..." and a lot of the other things are too irrelevant for the majority to really engage in proper discussion.