Ranking
The reason we hear about so many school shootings in the US: Because the US citizens has guns and is a large country with lots of schools and because the news from the US is broadcasted and cared about over most of the Western world (basically more people will hear about and remember shootings in America that they will about shootings in other countries of comparable size and with guns legalised).

In other words, the number of US school shootings does not mean that American school is necessarily any more fucked up than European schools because in America there are more guns to shoot with and more people to shoot the guns or be shot at by aforementioned guns.

I like the idea of trained security in large schools who would always have their guns with them while at the school (to prevent gun theft by mentally unstable or psychopathic kids).
Good morning sweet princess
Guns shouldn't be even needed close to a teacher; for example: A teacher that has racist prejudices or a racist mindset, shoot a student of any race being different to the teacher's race, besides the failed system, more violent protests will probably occur.

A metal detector would be the solution to all crimes involving school shootings.
Modo Bestia
Originally Posted by nerti View Post
Guns shouldn't be even needed close to a teacher; for example: A teacher that has racist prejudices or a racist mindset, shoot a student of any race being different to the teacher's race, besides the failed system, more violent protests will probably occur.

A metal detector would be the solution to all crimes involving school shootings.

The fact that your example relies on murderous sociopathic racists teaching in schools kind of takes away some of its real world applicability. And yes, I know that teachers occasionally turn out to be racist or cruel, but half of your example is not only illegible, but completely irrelevant. Why the fuck does the teachers attitude to other ethnicities make any difference to the fact that the teacher is willing to shoot people he doesn't like? The reason that the teacher kills the student doesn't matter in this case because regardless of the teachers motive, he has still committed the same crime.

Your argument boils down to the fact that you think some teachers might be capable of heartless cold child murder, which is not entirely impossible. But the fact that most teachers do not not directed violence towards there pupils without losing their job and license to teach in the process, so it is unlikely the teacher will only think of murder after he is given a gun rather than before guns were introduced.
Good morning sweet princess
Hm, true.
A school will fire the teacher if he/she is found with the slightest inconveinence involving his attitude against students.
I agree with that, nonetheless teachers should not obtain any guns to legally "protect" themselves.

My solution would be a metal detector and a security guard; as some schools already have.
Modo Bestia
Originally Posted by iver View Post
Are we talking about kindergartens? If so, this discussion is pointless. I'm sorry. I can't imagine children with 3~9 yo causing shootings in schools. :v

no, but when you're talking about bring weapons into an environment that has people within that age group you can't just ignore them.
equivalent to saying 'oh, because chihuahua's have never harmed anyone, they never will.'

Either way, it's not like kingergardeners are the only children who are curious or stupid. There are probably plent of 16 year olds who would do the same thing, maybe not for the same reasons, but it could still happen.

Originally Posted by nerti
My solution would be a metal detector and a security guard; as some schools already have.

single-use guns can be made from plastic now, metal detectors are useless against those.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
single-use guns can be made from plastic now, metal detectors are useless against those.

Printed plastic guns will not be a regular occurrence, considering the price of 3D printers. I honestly don't have much more info on the topic, but 3D printers and their possibilities would be an interesting new discussion.
Modo Bestia
You can't fix a system by damaging it even further; the whole idea is like having armed nurses cause they might get hurt by disoriented patients.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
I think this would not be a good solution to crimes involving schools invasions. Improve safety by hiring professionals or investing in equipments that prevent the entry of malicious people, maybe.

A teacher already receives a load of stress enough by the work itself, would not be fair or appropriate to make they get a training for this kind of thing, they did not study for it.

Even investing in security, schools, as well as all people living in a country where the crimes with guns are common and the ease of access to such equipment is clear, will not be saved this type of problem. I'm in favor of the legalization of firearms for citizens, since the government can not take care of the entire population, but do not like the idea of making the teacher do a job that is not his.

The problem is not to provide weapons to people who usually do not deal with this type of equipment, it would be easily solved with psychological tests and proper training and only those who are able to carry weapons, would carry them.

A plastic, wood and wire detector would be interesting as well as a safety inspection. I don't know, no one is completely safe nowadays, it's impossible.
Last edited by Perl; Jan 28, 2015 at 10:42 PM.
Since 1987 being the Internet's swiss army knife.
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
How about taking all the guns from retards who have no business of having one? You should surrender your right of violence to the state, like every normal country on earth did.

I agree with this guy.

No guns = happy Earth
Winning means dominating over countless dead bodies
Originally Posted by McD0NALDS View Post
I agree with this guy.

No guns = happy Earth

As much as I agree with this statement, it's too late to be done. Illegal guns will always exist.
Modo Bestia