ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Project "long range"
Hi all,

I've been trying some moves in Single Player with the longest possible range setup (rules: DQ turned off, must score more points than Uke to count, Uke may not move). The replay I'm attaching to this post isn't my best try when it comes to range (only 1000), but it certainly is one of the best long-range moves I've done when it comes to style.

It's a shame Uke's arm comes off at the end. If not, I might have been able to keep my balance and send him into the floor head-first... but it's not the landing at the end that counts in this replay... see for yourself! =)

I'll post more long-range replays in this topic if I make some that look spectacular. If you've got some long-range moves of your own to share, I'd love to see them as well!

[attachment deleted by admin, limit reached]
Re: Project "long range"
Hi Nephilim,

This guy named Miko found a nice 11+ meter jump that I think you would enjoy

I've tried to improve it but haven't succeded sofar.

Originally Posted by Flagg
It has to be one jump?

No, in the rules I have set for myself you can use as many jumps, hops, and flips as you need (for example, for a distance of 2000 I use 3 jump/flips), as long as you end with more points than Uke. Of course, this is assuming you set a reasonble time, and don't go on endlessly just for the points, but you can decide for yourself what a 'reasonable time' is...
My clock is running 1000/5 for this contest. I tried ripping off my own head then throwing it at Uke, but it's hard enough to get it that distance, let alone score the points necessary for ruining yourself.
Haha throwing your head would be a sweet way of doing this! I also usually set the clock to 1000 for this (or just do distance = time), but I use 10 frame steps. I guess 5 allows for more control, but I don't like pressing space all the time. =P

By the way, here's a replay of me failing to make 2000 yesterday. =) I have yet to make a 2000 that actually looks good, but I'm tweaking one that might be sweet.

Hahaha, if i hit him with my head, to i get an honorable mention at least?
Man, getting off your own head is a lot harder than i thought.
Huzzah! Time:500/10 Distance: 1400

Edit: It's not one jump btw ;p I don't think that's possible at that distance.