Ranking
mmm yes i see
In the last demo you realeased the lasers weren't actually folowing you rather pointing in the direction where you were moving.
so seasily tapping the left or right could result in his small laser's missng and for the big lasers almost the same thing.
anyways waiting for the 5th demo
anyways have fun in Spain
Edit:w8 my bad i forgot to mention that when you stay still the lasers actually point at you but when moving they don't actually do that.
Last edited by Ghiita; Jul 5, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
Sincerely dude if you don't like how the game is made just don't post.
You can't expect him to make a 3D game with a real nice grafic and such since this is his first.
And it's actually very good for a first and the designs are very nice.
Stuff like what you sayed is completely useless and retarded.
You should point out bugs and maybe some design aspects that you don't like but not that.
This is not gona help shook and neither will help your reputation grow.
Originally Posted by Ghiita View Post
Sincerely dude if you don't like how the game is made just don't post.
You can't expect him to make a 3D game with a real nice grafic and such since this is his first.
And it's actually very good for a first and the designs are very nice.
Stuff like what you sayed is completely useless and retarded.
You should point out bugs and maybe some design aspects that you don't like but not that.
This is not gona help shook and neither will help your reputation grow.

he didnt even say anything about graphics

are you retarded or something?
Originally Posted by Digest View Post
I hate that enimies shoot straight.
And the ship needs to move side to side.

Play moar before complaining. Both your complaints are addressed by level 3. Yellow Wedges move side to side, alien sentries aim directly at your position (even from behind), and you can be damned sure that there will be much more interesting enemies later. The first few enemy types are bound to be simple, because they are the first enemies you encounter, and i don't want the learning curve to be too steep. If i get around to making it later, you'll even have to deal with enemies that circle-strafe you, along with spread-fire enemies and ships that can kill you with a single shot. Possibly also kamikaze enemies that will home in on your position and crash right into your face for major damage. Red Wedges, anyone?

@Ghiita: Thanks for defending me, but you don't need to chastise him for voicing his opinion. :U
Also, regarding the lasers, yeah. They're fired at your anticipated position if you're on the move, but if you stop, they'll miss you by a mile. That's the main weakness of the boss, which is somewhat balanced out by the big lasers. While they probably won't hit as often, they cause MUCH more damage than the small lasers, and so remains a big threat. Especially after randomizing the firing delay a little. (Varies by up to a second now)

@Shortyish: Keep it civil bro. Don't want no flamewars in here.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
double post wrf

Anyways, i managed to make enough stuff for a new demo to be released. Go get it heeeeeeeeeeere. New features:

- Music no longer cut off, resulting in bigger filesize
- Loads of new visual effects, such as screen flashes, proper death explosions (kinda) and laser trails
- A custom icon (kinda temporary)
- Added cash, XP and levels, but currently without any function other than looking good
- Modified HUD to include the above
- ... Nothing more

It's all about the flashy effects. Srsly. Didn't have enough time to add the shop. Or level 4. Ehh. That'll be a few weeks later. =P
Oh yeah, press P for pause in game. Sounds can't be turned off, yet. :U
nice new features.
Boss is still easy.
no worries youll give me a chalange with the next bosses and levels.
Also the new laser efects make it kind of hard to dodge the lasers from the sentry.
Actually that's the part that makes the game harder.
I like the new explosions and stuff, but maybe different colored enemies should have different color explosions. For example the yellow wedge gets a yellow explosion.

Also could you send me the gmk file? I'd love to see how you did certain stuff

Boss is better, took me like 10 tries to beat him.

Also, points for health left at the end of a level plox :3

Oh, and escape doesn't go to menu but quits the game.

Chartle the playtester at your service ;)
Last edited by Chartle; Jul 8, 2010 at 05:54 AM.
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..