Toribash
Original Post
Strange request
I was wondering if someone could make a script that makes everything in the game run slower, maybe not everything, but ghosts and replays specifically. The reason being is when I use the /opt fixedframerate 0 command, the game goes up to 300fps (sorry to flex) but everything also runs about 5 times as fast, I can fix replays with the speed modifier (after watching them once in anime speeds) but ghosts are always extremely fast. in parkour maps with atmos the fps goes down to 180, so for those scenarios it'd be great to have another script I can run that would bring the speed down to one third and not one fifth.

TLR I would like a script that slows replays and ghosts down to one fifth speed, and one that brings them down to one third as well, if at all possible. Thank you very much and may you not fix one code error and break five more
(Origin)
Why would you do that though? Higher fps doesn't do any service to the game so just keep it capped at 60. The way Toribash is optimised, slowing the game down would bring you back to lower fps accordingly.
Last edited by Smaguris; Oct 19, 2018 at 03:09 PM.
You can also use /opt framerate 30|60. It'll slow it a bit. The other command is turning it off all together
This is for replays. Slowing the game down means smoother keyframes, for video editing. It'd make editing much easier.

I'd love to see this
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
Why would you do that though? Higher fps doesn't do any service to the game so just keep it capped at 60. The way Toribash is optimised, slowing the game down would bring you back to lower fps accordingly.

because I have a 200hz monitor and I want to play in that framerate, watching replays in 0.2-0.4 speed with a high fps works perfectly I just want ghosts to work the same way
(Origin)
As I mentioned before, Toribash is coded in a way which would make this request impossible to my knowledge. If that's something you'd like to see as a change I'd suggest making S&I thread. Best you can get now is buttons for your own convenience to switch between capped and uncapped fps for certain situations.

To make it clear, at the moment ghost speed scales together with FPS.

Originally Posted by Navi View Post
This is for replays. Slowing the game down means smoother keyframes, for video editing. It'd make editing much easier.

I'd love to see this

The way I see it is you're talking about different issue than OP.
Last edited by Smaguris; Oct 22, 2018 at 03:47 AM.
This is what i usually do.
What I do:

1. Open default.cfg and custom.cfg as text file

2. Fiddle with the default.cfg located in the toribash folder, and editing the Framerate option there, like putting it on 100 fps to be somewhat ultrasmooth moves, but slower, then

3. Setting "1" on the fixedframerate option in the custom.cfg text file

Also:

1. Back up the default.cfg and custom.cfg before fiddling it.
Last edited by Lekr0; Oct 22, 2018 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Adding the Also: tip and some additional steps

My favorite quote