Toribash
Original Post
[WIP] Elevator_Of_Death. help requested!!!
ok so im making an elevator mod. and also: HELP REQUESTED

heres a summary of my mod:
so theres a square platform that falls down from a really high hight. 3 walls surround it and fit titly against the platfrom and are used as the elevator shaft. there are also hand rests that stabilize the elevator. the elevator stops every 100 or so frames. then it continues its way down. when it reaches the bottom it explodes

my current mod problems:
so its a crappy elivator. it *bleep*ing jams all the time. the firction is 0 but its still screwing the elevator up. also the 3 platforms which are used to make the elevator stop (this will be explained in detail below) keep merging through each other because the joints are weak. is there any way to make is stronger. just try playing the mod, and you'll get the jist of why i need help

what i envision for the future
hopefully, the finished version will not jam, and i will have a mechanism that allows it to stop on the first floor. then if tori/uke do not get out, it continues to bacement level, and the elevator is propelled all the way up using a bounce 5000 block

how this mod works:
so basilcly i stick 3 platforms together and use thrust to make it stop every 100 frames. consider 3 platforms: AAA, BBB, CCC. they are arranged from top to bottom in that order.

AAA
thrust 999999 0 0 -100

BBB
thrust 100 0 0 100

CCC
thrust 1 0 0 10

so BBB provides a upward force of 100 every 100 frames. this makes it stop every 100 frames. but we dont want it to be flying upwards on the first frame so we counterbalance that with AAA. then CCC provides a force so that the elevator isnt in complete free fall when its not stopping.

other:
so the two pictures i have represent the elevator. its too big so i had to take 2 pictures. the first one shows the elevator and the shaft. the second one shows the bottom of the shaft, the first level, and the bacement/bouncy block. and please ignore the mod name... ill be sure to change it when i upload it. this makes it easier for me.

ok and HELP PLOX.

PS: ive like tried making this thread 3 times... and it screws up my computer every time. D8. sorry if this thread sounds a bit crude but this is the second time i wrote it, and i wasnt feeling very happy as i did. i apologise in advance.
Attached Images
elevator.jpg (59.3 KB, 57 views)
elevatorlower.jpg (48.8 KB, 44 views)
Attached Files
.01Elevator_Of_Death.tbm (3.1 KB, 32 views)
Last edited by blkk; Jan 31, 2009 at 07:28 AM.
- its been a while
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
why did you put three squares on the elevator ground??

Originally Posted by blkk View Post
so basilcly i stick 3 platforms together and use thrust to make it stop every 100 frames. consider 3 platforms: AAA, BBB, CCC. they are arranged from top to bottom in that order.

what are you retarded?(not you blkk)

blkk:try making the tube(or in this case the cube-ish thing) a little bit wider,and try putting something in the middle of the objects,now i have no idea how world builder works but if you can set density high on the crap in the middle and if you cant add density i dont know what else you should try :S
Ishi4admin Wh-ORMO
blkk:try making the tube(or in this case the cube-ish thing) a little bit wider,and try putting something in the middle of the objects,now i have no idea how world builder works but if you can set density high on the crap in the middle and if you cant add density i dont know what else you should try :S

what cubish thing? you mean the elevator floor? and ive been messing around with density like you asked... if tis too heavy, the joint is too comparivly weak, and the objects just pull away from each other. im still working on it though. expect an edit on this thread, if noone posts afterwrods.... dont wanna do a double post.
- its been a while
I think he means the elevator shaft
On 18, 2008 of the year August, we shall have tea. The following day we eat anyone wearing purple clothes. Then we get into tanks, drive a mile away from each other, and start firing random shells into the air. First one to hit the other tank gets a 5 second head start in the 1 legged race.

In the one legged race, you will be hogtied and forced to compete in the Boston marathon using your penis only. We shall also set down bear traps, landmines, barbed wire, and floating thumbs. Your penis will be painted to resemble an illusion that looks like a 3-D steak; as a result, several Dobermen and Rottweilers we will be taking for a walk that morning which have been starved the previous week may attack.
Originally Posted by supastveo View Post
what are you retarded?(not you blkk)

man
i just think it isn´t necessary

EDIT:
1-the elevator is going up with the first thrust
*do a roof in the walls and one in the elevator
2-the thrust frames are wrong
*do a medition of the frames and put the right frames
3-wheight is so high
*put a smaller mass
4-three squares is unecessary
*put only one
5-the bounce floor in the end of line
6-*link the floor with the roof and put low mass
7-the floor isnt in the exact space between uke and tori
Last edited by dengue; Feb 1, 2009 at 06:35 PM.
ok newest version is up...
it dosent jam anymore, but i had to take out the arm rests.

still fine tooning.

comments plox
Attached Files
.01Elevator_Of_Death.tbm (3.4 KB, 10 views)
- its been a while
unfortunately the new one doesn't work for me:
every 100 frames it gets the thrust- but it makes it go up.
after about 300 frames the elavator has gone past the top of the shaft. if theres a way to fix this, then do it as soon as you can.

nice mod, anyway!
yup no prob, all i have to do is do lots of guess and check/trial and error.

this is what i mean by "fine tuning"
- its been a while