ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Daxx View Post
Please tell me I'm not the only one to buy a 3ds just because of this game.

I literally bought the 3DS and Pokemon Y on the exact same day. And in less than three days of owning it, I've logged 24 hours playing it.

Also, love Goomy. My phrase was changed from "Shorts are comfy" to "Goomy please." because it's that derpy. And it's a fucking snail dragon, because yolo.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
@Chamara:

Not every pokemon has a mega evolution, and the ones that do will require work for you to to get the item. Some of which you'll get from the main storyline, some of which you'll have to work for. Mewtwo and Charizard are the only pokemon who have version specific Mega Evolutions, so you'll be fine outside of that.

Global trading and fighting is still a thing. In fact there's now an additional feature called "Wonder Trading". This essentially lets you put a pokemon out for trade, and you'll be given a random pokemon someone else put up. Hayden's YouTube showed him trading a Pikachu and just randomly got an Abra.

I don't know if 3v3 fighting was removed all together; however, it wasn't used during the storyline. That being said, there's a new "horde" feature, where you'll encounter 5 of the same pokemon at the same time. Neat addition.

I'm not aware of another way to play the game yet without a 3DS, outside of having a 2DS.

Finding rare pokemon in the safari zone is back and better than ever, not worse. You can only catch so many pokemon on your version without help; however, randomly spawned safari zones exist for each and every Friend Code you have. So have 5 friends? You have 5 more SZ's to look for rare pokemon in.

In terms of challenge: Pokemon's never been challenging by just "completion". The fun you'll have will come from how exciting all these features and gameplay elements add to the current formula, the game feel from the 3D fights, and most importantly: the amount of experimentation and freedom you have with your team. If you're looking for a challenge, it'll be playing against other opponents. Pokemon is a very competitive E-Sport if you're willing to get into it all.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Not all of them will be the same

I ran into 4 Sevipers and a mongoose thingy, it fast and strong. So, they were attaking the mongoose and I tried saving it, but failed to do so because it didn't live passed the 1st turn.
My team comp needs to be revised ._. I got fascinated with several different pokemon and started evolving them, then realized I get my butt kicked by fighting types cause all my dudes are either steel or dark type. I have some dragons that I've raised, but dragons seem pretty weak in this generation, and I have a low spread of types even with dragon's supplementing them. I'm really not sure what to get, but I need to cover my ass against fighting and get some electric and fire moves, cause most electric and fire pokemon right now look like ass. I'm thinking of reimplementing my alakazam instead of my bisharp, and then give thunderbolt to my ferrothorn or whatever the heck it's called, and then reimplement my pyroar until i find a more humanoid/badass looking fire user. Apparently fucking dragons can't learn flamethrower <.< useless shits.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I just saw an Articuno in the wild. Ran away before I was even prompted to throw a ball at it.

What a jerk.

I too have a lot to be desired of my team. I think the format for the " Battle Tower " to be 3 on 3, so I'll probably do a Fire/Water/Grass core. Thinking Blaziken / Gyrados / Ferrothorn if I can find them and raise them up decently.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Find a ghastly or some low level psychic type and teach it mean look, it means legendaries won't run away from you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Just beat X, still got Y wrapped and ready to play.

Can't wait to see what happens to the competitive scene with the new pokemon and mega evolutions. Aegislash is definitely OU with that Stance Dancing with King's Shield and Shadow Sneak.

Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Find a ghastly or some low level psychic type and teach it mean look, it means legendaries won't run away from you.

The legendary birds all escape before you can do anything when you first encounter them I believe.
Last edited by j4nd0; Oct 18, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
Summoner Name: Transfer to NA
Region: OCEANIC
Not if you're faster than them
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Not if you're faster than them

I don't think that's the case. This isn't like you encounter them and get to use a move. The legendary bird you encounter must be found about 10 or so times until you reveal the Seafoam island that it will let you enter. It's a new feature.

Also just used Super Training for the first time raising an Adamant Blaziken. How awesome. It's level like 39 and I'm completely done EV training it. Throwing soccer balls at Blow Up Balloons is a million times faster and more fun than classic training.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
I don't think that's the case. This isn't like you encounter them and get to use a move. The legendary bird you encounter must be found about 10 or so times until you reveal the Seafoam island that it will let you enter. It's a new feature.

Also just used Super Training for the first time raising an Adamant Blaziken. How awesome. It's level like 39 and I'm completely done EV training it. Throwing soccer balls at Blow Up Balloons is a million times faster and more fun than classic training.

I ev trained my Froakie. It had max ev's at level 10.
Summoner Name: Transfer to NA
Region: OCEANIC