ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[GAME]Youmu Runner wip

Screenshot ^ (I did not make the picture of Youmu. It's only a placeholder, pretty much.)

It's pretty simple right now. Avoid the boxes, A and D to go left or right. W to speed up. Gradually gets more difficult. I haven't yet implemented a score, sorry. I'll update soon.

Plays in your browser. I recommend chrome for best performance.
link

Also, I don't know if it was more correct to post here, or in the games subforum. Do as you wish, mods.

The correct place for something like this would be the "Offtopic > Gaming Chat" section.
The art section is strictly only for art, so if you make the artwork for your game, you can post it here for critique. But read the rules and get the tag rights, if you do.
Moved it for you this time, be sure to get it right next time.

~Fenris

edit: I feel as if that statement was a little bit rude. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_games_as_an_art_form Whether or not video games are art, seems to be a rather debatable matter. I have read the rules, for your information. The relevant rule " - Every thread requires a tag to indicate what is inside. eg: [Tex] [Art] [Vid] [Music]" 'eg' means for example. It does not say "Use only these tags: [Tex] [Art] [Vid] [Music]" Which as you can see, music is included in this when there is an "Offtopic > Music" section as well. Just sayin'
Last edited by isaac; Dec 27, 2013 at 03:11 AM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
well.. not much to say depsite its just "nothing" yet.
its a kind of nice idea but well. as i said cant judge that much yet, since im sure alot will get implemented.
-----
but feel free to ask, if u want to know what for stuff i have in mind.
Last edited by Unicorn; Dec 28, 2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken

I DISAGREE.

Ideas:
- Replace the red blocks with touhou bullets
- Replace the Youmu block with 3 spires, 1 moving left, 1 moving forward, 1 moving right, and swap them when you click A/D/nothing (maybe have another set for "fast moving" when you hold W)
- Add a giant Marissa sprite in the background to pretend to shoot bullets at you

Now we have Touhou Evasion Party!
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff