These are definitions for complete noobs (not in a bad way) at Toribash

Toribash
= The game that was created by Hampa

Tori = The attacker in a match

Uke = The defender in a match

Joints = A pivot point on the body that allows that point to rotate

Hold = A joint state in which the joint will maintain its current Position

Relax = A joint state in which the joint will freely move

Contract = Contracts the muscle, resulting in a bending limb.

Extend = Extends the muscle, resulting in a ''stretching'' limb.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Body Parts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pecs = Joints that move your arms forward and backward.

Shoulder = Joints that move your arms up and down.

Elbow = Joints than bend your arm or extend if they are already bent.

Wrist = Joints that bend your hands forward or backward.

Neck = A Joint that moves your head forward or backward.

Chest = A Joint used to move your upper body right or left.

Lumbar = A Joint used to bend your body right or left.

Abs = A Joint used to bend your body forward and backward.

Glutes = Joints used to bend your legs inward or outward.

Hips = Joints used to move your legs forward and backward.

Knees = Joints used to bend your legs in half or extend them if they are already bent.

Ankles = Joints than bend your feet down or up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dismemberment =The act of severing joints and/or body parts from the opposing player

Fracturing = The act of rendering a joint permanently relaxed and can rotate more than normal

Dismemberment Threshold = That amount of force that needs to be applyed inorder for that joint to dismember

Fracture Threshold = That amount of force that needs to be applyed inorder for that joint to fracture

Decap = An act that make the opposing player's neck joint get dismembered

Voo-Doo/Zombie = The use of a body part that has been dismembered

Madman = A replay that has Uke being broken multiple times in a fast succession

Break Dancers = People who can "dance" in Toribash

Skeet Shot = The throwing of one or more objects (body parts) that hit the opposing players' dismembered head

Limbspike = Forcing an opponent's dismembered limb to touch the ground, thus DQing him

Podding/Tripodding = The act of bracing oneself in a stationary position preventing them from falling to the ground, and thus, keeping themselves from being disqualified

Qi = The number of completed multiplayer matches. Qi is needed for 10th Dan and Master items

Joint colors = Purchasable colors that will change the color of the force and/or relax state of the joint

Blood colors = Purchasable color that will change the color of your characters blood and the characters dismembered joints

Torso colors = Purchasable colors that will change the color of your character's torso

Clan = A group people may join, at the will of admins of the group, where people will have a tag (Tags are in Brackets) and will be able to participate in clan events

Recognized Clan = A group of Toribashians who have a tag and their own server

Unrecognized clan = A group of Toribashians who have a tag but no server

Dead clan = A clan with very few or no more active members

Engage Distance = The distance (in centimeters) Tori and Uke start apart from each other. Negative figures make tori and uke start back-to-back

Engage Height = The distance (in centimeters) Tori and Uke start above the ground. Negative figures make tori and uke start under the ground (and force them to immediately jump up, usually)

Disqualification/Dq = The act of touching the ground with any bodypart other than the feet and hands that causes the opposing player to automatically win

Dojo = A square on the ground. If you touch the ground anywhere outside of it you automatically get Disqualified

Mod = A featue that causes you to play in different circumstances
Classic: The default style of playing

A few of the more popular mods

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Classic = The default style of playing

Sumo = Mod where both players' joints are enlarged

Judo = Mod where using the Judo style of fighting is best

Aikidio = Mod that incorporates Sambo, best for throwing

Jousting = Mod that hurls both players at each other

Instagib = Any part of the body that is instagib can instantly "gib" or break their opponent's body parts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Script = Code that adds specific custom features to toribash.

A few of the more popular scripts.

Enikesha = A script created by the user enikesha that allows one to break down a replay into all the actions and settings needed to recreate it. Often used to make sure replays are valid and not edited.

Worldbuilder/Enviromaker = Nicknames for the worldbuilder.lua that appeared in Toribash 3 which allows one to create environments without having to use body parts from uke or tori. Has led to the creation of many 'eviromods' (see enviromods for more )

Enviromods = Mods that are created using the Enviromaker to create environments and levels for playing. "Old-school" modding is usually incorporated in these to change levels of gravity, friction, etc.

Toriboosters = Items that increase the toricredits reaped per win by amounts varying from 50 TC per win to 100,000 TC per win.

Limp = A fighting style in which you do not use the hold feature

Head textures = A feature that allows you to use a user created head

Belts = A ranking system that shows how many matches you've been in

Rank = A ranking system that shows your overall wins

Server = Different matches with different mods, engage distence/hight, and dismemberment thresholds

Toricredits/Tc : The form of currency in the Toribash Community

Torishop = A place on the Toribash forums to buy custom joints, textures, blood, ghosts, and torsos for your character from the trade or from the acual shop

If you see a word with no definition then that means that I dont know how to define that word

Achevements
5,000+ views
2 +reps
Thanks everyone

If I am missing anything (and I am) or if you see any spelling mistakes (which there are) just tell me and I will add or fix them. +rep if you like this or found it helpful
Last edited by Church1000; Mar 25, 2010 at 09:03 PM.
Did you just get DQ'ed by a Black belt who used a toribooster to boost their amount of credits per win but you have no idea what any of those are?
Then check out "The Toribash Dictionary"
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...578#post168578
Heh, pretty good. Me and ADTerminal were doing a Torialphabet for Toribabies, with getting a term for each letter of the alphabet. But..I got bored.
<Hector|Bday> for 3k tc
<Hector|Bday> I sold a photo of shit
What you have defined for voo-doo, i've always heard of as "Zombie"

Meh, either way, I guess...

oh and:

Mod = A featue that causes you to play in different *sercumstances

*circumstances...
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
Better?
Did you just get DQ'ed by a Black belt who used a toribooster to boost their amount of credits per win but you have no idea what any of those are?
Originally Posted by Church1000 View Post
Engage Distance = The distence*** (in centimeters) tori and uke start apart from each other

Distance***

Both engages, Distance is spelled wrong. I highlighted this one because somehow you were able to get only the title right.
Fixed

Anything to add?
positin -- Position ( Under 'hold')

permenently -- permanently ( Under 'Fracture')

automaticly -- automatically ( Under both 'Disqualification & Dojo')

That's about it.
Any new terms to add?