Ranking
Original Post
3.3 Rondel daggers mod
Inspired by Nuyashaki's dagger mod, I made a rondel dagger mod where only the tip of the dagger is instagib so you actually have to stab your opponent (or otherwise brush him with the tip). Elbows and wrists are modded to allow for more dagger'ish moves. I considered making p2 have the dagger in a normal forward grip and p1 have it in the reverse grip, but I haven't done it yet.

Both players have a dagger, so it's MP-compatible.

If someone would know how to prevent the dagger parts from wobbling a bit when it's moving at high speed, that'd be nice to hear. Also, what do you think, should the left arm perhaps be normal, instead of having the same elbow and wrist mods as the dagger arm?

Another thing I thought might be possible is to actually make the dagger just a little bit flexible along its own axis and having the instagib tip be exposed only when doing a stabbing motion (the non-instagib part of the blade would slide to cover the tip for example when the dagger is being pulled back or is stationary). The point of course being that just touching the tip of the dagger wouldn't hurt you, but instead to do serious damage you'd actually have to do a stab. I figured it might be possible to simulate reasonably well by giving a little bit of flex to the environment joints that hold the dagger together. I'm afraid I'd need a bit of help with that though.
Attached Images
RondelDaggersMod-1.jpg (50.2 KB, 58 views)
RondelDaggersMod-2.jpg (45.5 KB, 49 views)
Attached Files
RondelDaggers.tbm (3.0 KB, 57 views)
nice mod
and it sounds like a good idea that you actually have to stab instead of just touch
wish i could help but theres a lot of people out there better than me on that
If you suddenly get :Pwned by a green beast, and you don't know what hit you, you know it's me!
I've tried the exact same thing with a 'dual core' blade... Basically two blades in the exact same position, with one thinner than the other and instagib. I thought it'd only come out and gib when the sword was swung hard enough...
But they wouldn't stay together... the instagib core jumped all over the place...

Nice mod though!
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
Most realistic weapon mod ever. Except the part of the brown things vibrating. Sorta pisses me off (OCD).
Last edited by Nuyashaki; May 23, 2008 at 02:00 AM.